William Hill Scottish Cup 2018/19

newcastle broon

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
how much will the live TV coverage be worth to Talbot (and Ayr obviously)? 

Think it's about £30,000 each. It used to be more than double that I think but they have taken some of the TV money that used to go directly to the clubs involved and added more to the general prize pot.

I'm not that disappointed that the Fife derby isn't on TV but I'd have thought Hearts at home to Livi isn't quite the same level of interest as had it been at the Tony Mac. Celtic at home though. Boak. To be expected from an Irish company needing to raise revenue from subscribers though I guess and not far away from what Sky have done in the past.

19 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Think it's about £30,000 each. It used to be more than double that I think but they have taken some of the TV money that used to go directly to the clubs involved and added more to the general prize pot.

I'm not that disappointed that the Fife derby isn't on TV but I'd have thought Hearts at home to Livi isn't quite the same level of interest as had it been at the Tony Mac. Celtic at home though. Boak. To be expected from an Irish company needing to raise revenue from subscribers though I guess and not far away from what Sky have done in the past.

can't really complain about money getting shared out evenly I suppose. 

decent turn for a club like Talbot in any case. 

Considering I'll be at any game that Saints play, no danger I'll be subscribing to Premier Sports as these picks will be par for the course with them. 

I'll bet now that they don't fulfil their obligation when it comes to Betfred Cup group games as well. 

The Fife derby would have been a nice pick but two top six teams facing each other shouldn't be dismissed just because Livingston aren't fashionable. They are a decent side and will give Hearts a good game. 

Other pick from BBC Scotland is really good though. 

No surprise on the PremierSport picks: as I was saying their business model and their previous Challenge Cup choices (which were almost entirely Celtic B) pointed the way.

Even an OF home tie will generate subscriptions+pay-per-views from Celtic/Rangers fans who don't normally attend, or who can't or won't attend due different time or not being on ST book, beyond most ties.

Similarly no surprise from BBC picking Hearts v Livingston. I'm glad my final prediction proved wrong, and they chose Auchinleck v Ayr over something rather drab involving top tier sides... It will be interesting to see if this is repeated in future seasons, as it's been reported their "extra" tie is for Friday night on the new BBC Scotland digital channel, which starts later this February.

Don't really see why people are getting on at Premier Sports for picking the Celtic and Rangers games. OF vs Anyone will have more people signing up than almost any other combination of teams.

The mistake was getting into bed with them in the first place. Once the deal is done, you can't blame them for trying to make maximum £££ they can from the deal.

Archived