William Hill Scottish Cup 2018/19

newcastle broon

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes this. We were waiting for the draw in the car on the way back from Dunfermline. 4 people in the car, two are pensioners who wouldnt know a smart phone if it hit them. One is 8 and doesnt have a phone yet. And I was driving and couldnt look at mine.
The draw was at 5:45 I think they said. Tam Cowan eventually read it out at about 6:50, an hour after it was made. I love 'Off the Ball's irreverent look at Scottish football and they do cover football across the divisions. Not giving the draw out until we were physically back in Dumfries having driven from Fife was poor though. Much of their market is fans in transit from games one way or another.

It’s also quite difficult to figure out what’s happened if you miss the live feed and come to it late without sitting through the whole thing from start to finish. Would help if they posted up the draw straight after as a jpeg

19 minutes ago, steakpiegravy said:

It’s also quite difficult to figure out what’s happened if you miss the live feed and come to it late without sitting through the whole thing from start to finish. Would help if they posted up the draw straight after as a jpeg

The draw began at 17:44 and lasted 9 minutes, with the full draw posted on twitter at 18:08 and facebook at 18:15 - is that not quick enough for you?

• 4 weeks later...

BBC and newspapers saying if Stirling Uni beat Elgin today they'll be the first university side ever to reach R4.

Actually that was done by Glasgow and Edinburgh in 1882-83... Edinburgh in 1883-84... Edinburgh in 1890-91... and they were all the Last 32 (or better).

Glasgow also reached R2 in 1968-69 when it was Last 32.

Stirling aren't the first university to get this far in a long time either. Edinburgh Uni reached old R2 - equivalent of current R3 - in 2006-07, and current R3 in 2007-08.

Archived