William Hill Scottish Cup 2018/19

newcastle broon

9 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

Yeah. Ref was a bit whistle happy I thought. A couple of missed chances for Cove could've put paid to Talbot earlier on, but wasn't to be. Talbot better team in second half, Cove seemed happy to knock the ball about without putting in any crosses. Was at the wrong end for the penalty decision, but it seemed to push Talbot on and Cove got frustrated. Would expect Talbot to prevail in the replay.

The tighter Beechwood pitch will also help them,

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

University of Stirling into R3 but Stirling Albion exit in R2.

Dp9otZOWoAYsLk-?format=jpg&name=900x900

When was the last time a non-league side went further than the league side(s) from the same place? Struggling to think of a scenario.

2015-16 Cumbernauld Colts went a round further than Clyde did.

35 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Did the manage to do the draw without any f**k ups this year?

Wrong team's name popped up once but that was it. When Queen's Park came out the on-screen text said Formartine.

Hopefully some shocks in the 3rd round to increase the chances of an away day to a non-SPFL side in the 4th round for us. 

Went along to Albion Rovers v Foremartine United today. A well-deserved win for United in the end even if Rovers got more into the game in the 2nd half. They could still be playing now though and still wouldn't have scored, they even missed a penalty. If you didn't already know you would have thought Foremartine were the league team and the Rovers the non-league team. 

Boring draw for us in the next round but at least it's a winnable game. 

University of Stirling into R3 but Stirling Albion exit in R2.

Dp9otZOWoAYsLk-?format=jpg%26name=900x900&key=f9a815be2715a0070f4553af45e33b7ea23788ca8d6d126c7f26996d0dcd134a

When was the last time a non-league side went further than the league side(s) from the same place? Struggling to think of a scenario.

Would imagine a non-League Edinburgh team might have gone further than league sides Meadowbank and (more recently) Edinburgh City at some point?

6 minutes ago, Clayhole Blue said:

Would imagine a non-League Edinburgh team might have gone further than league sides Meadowbank and (more recently) Edinburgh City at some point?

Good shout- Spartans beat us in 2014-15, going a round further than Hearts, who lost to Celtic.

I'm guessing the draw was only available online? Yet we're blessed with the First Round of the FA Cup live on BBC2 tomorrow night, taking up a full half hour of peak time viewing. One day we'll look back and scratch our heads at how we put up with this. In a normal country we'd also have one of these games live on TV. Maybe Edinburgh-Inverness CT or Beith-Ayr. As it is, we'll maybe get a few minutes online or during cup final day itself when wee Jonathan does his summary of the rounds.

14 minutes ago, Owsley said:

I'm guessing the draw was only available online? Yet we're blessed with the First Round of the FA Cup live on BBC2 tomorrow night, taking up a full half hour of peak time viewing. One day we'll look back and scratch our heads at how we put up with this. In a normal country we'd also have one of these games live on TV. Maybe Edinburgh-Inverness CT or Beith-Ayr. As it is, we'll maybe get a few minutes online or during cup final day itself when wee Jonathan does his summary of the rounds.

Of course, you could argue the fact that in England they do seem to give at least one f**k for the FA cup and the lower league teams when it is on.

BBC Scotland and the other media outlets up here don’t give a f**k about anybody other than the old firm.  If they are not involved, don’t expect anything more than an “and finally”.  

2 hours ago, shuggz said:

Draw was on Facebook ..was listening to Sportsound with the PC  on,and they kept saying that they would bring the draw  soon..it had finished ages before .

Yes this. We were waiting for the draw in the car on the way back from Dunfermline. 4 people in the car, two are pensioners who wouldnt know a smart phone if it hit them. One is 8 and doesnt have a phone yet. And I was driving and couldnt look at mine.

The draw was at 5:45 I think they said. Tam Cowan eventually read it out at about 6:50, an hour after it was made. I love 'Off the Ball's irreverent look at Scottish football and they do cover football across the divisions. Not giving the draw out until we were physically back in Dumfries having driven from Fife was poor though. Much of their market is fans in transit from games one way or another.

Archived