William Hill Scottish Cup 2018/19

newcastle broon

In recent years we've had Scottish Cup away days at lower league sides including Queen's Park, Buckie Thistle, Alloa Athletic and East Stirlingshire. It's a total nonsense to suggest we've had terrible draws.

Entering earlier may increase the chance of a game against Kelty Hearts but could just as easily land us an absolute thriller of Cowden or Peterhead.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

In recent years we've had Scottish Cup away days at lower league sides including Queen's Park, Buckie Thistle, Alloa Athletic and East Stirlingshire. It's a total nonsense to suggest we've had terrible draws.

Entering earlier may increase the chance of a game against Kelty Hearts but could just as easily land us an absolute thriller of Cowden or Peterhead.

That's because we've entered in earlier rounds. That's sort of my point as this year we'll enter in the 4th round in January.

7 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I too am furious that Dunfermline's success on the park is halting us from beating Elgin in November.

Thank f**k! Thought I was the only one!

40 minutes ago, pipedreamer said:

The Australian FA cup does this, seems to work well.

All clubs certainly don't enter from the first round in Australia - there are only 32 teams in the competition proper, with most of the non-A League sides having to go through a local qualifying process.

Shortlees have been fined £100 for failing to list a substitute goalkeeper against Bonnyrigg in PR2. (Presumably they listed 7 outfielders otherwise they'd just have designated someone a sub 'keeper even if he wasn't?)... Deveronvale have been fined £250 + £3,570 suspended to the end of the competition, and Gala £500 + £3,500 similarly suspended, for wrongly completed team-lines in their R1 ties v Bonnyrigg and Lossiemouth respectively (note: this is distinct to fielding an ineligible player)... Golspie has been censured for fielding an ineligible player v Burntisland in PR1.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish-fa/football-governance/disciplinary/disciplinary-updates/

On 23/09/2018 at 10:18, Shanner said:

Kelty are an absolute coupon bombscare in this cup. 

Quite interesting ties between the better non league sides as mentioned previously. Would be a decent effort for Talbot to continue their 100%record against HL sides and the Beith v Linlithgow game has a latet round Junior Cup tie feel to it. 

From oddschecker Talbot away to Cove odds currently between 9/2 and 13/2, Kelty away to Peterhead between 6/1 and 10/1 and Beith v Linlithgow both 6/4.

Took Talbot 7/1 and Kelty 11/1 with Hills yesterday. Couldn't bring myself to betting against my own team. 

On 10/9/2018 at 17:35, Poet of the Macabre said:

The magic of the Cup

13 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Shortlees have been fined £100 for failing to list a substitute goalkeeper against Bonnyrigg in PR2. (Presumably they listed 7 outfielders otherwise they'd just have designated someone a sub 'keeper even if he wasn't?)... Deveronvale have been fined £250 + £3,570 suspended to the end of the competition, and Gala £500 + £3,500 similarly suspended, for wrongly completed team-lines in their R1 ties v Bonnyrigg and Lossiemouth respectively (note: this is distinct to fielding an ineligible player)... Golspie has been censured for fielding an ineligible player v Burntisland in PR1.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish-fa/football-governance/disciplinary/disciplinary-updates/

What's the point in fining an amateur team for stuff like that? Unnecessary, just issue a slap on the wrist written warning.

41 minutes ago, Karl Berg said:

From oddschecker Talbot away to Cove odds currently between 9/2 and 13/2, Kelty away to Peterhead between 6/1 and 10/1 and Beith v Linlithgow both 6/4.

Took Talbot 7/1 and Kelty 11/1 with Hills yesterday. Couldn't bring myself to betting against my own team. 

Took Talbot at that price too. There's no way it will be as one sided as the odds suggest, Talbot have a punchers chance. 

Have seen all three Talbot ties this season (doing a stupid follow the Scottish Cup right through job) and seen Cove versus Hearts and the Banks O Dee cup final.  Cove look a much better team however those odds are massive.  Looking forward to the game.

3 hours ago, Shanner said:

Took Talbot at that price too. There's no way it will be as one sided as the odds suggest, Talbot have a punchers chance. 

Haven't seen Talbot this season but I saw Cove play Hearts, obviously they were out of their depth but I really didn't see anything special, just a fit and organised team. The Highland League in general seems to be relatively weaker of late, they took a collective hiding in the first round and the three games I've seen at that level this season have been worthy, physical but a little uninspired. Cove have to be favourites but that price, for any non-league side against Auchinleck Talbot, looks generous.

Archived