Lack of Officials

DanMan

If clubs are forced to pay for linesmen when they're available ( a significant expense on the smaller clubs who make it to the appropriate level) they should be able to refuse to play when they're not available; should they feel appropriate.

Surely something like this is constitutional?

13 minutes ago, GBC21s said:

If clubs are forced to pay for linesmen when they're available ( a significant expense on the smaller clubs who make it to the appropriate level) they should be able to refuse to play when they're not available; should they feel appropriate.

Surely something like this is constitutional?

Unlike years ago when the juniors had their own referees, the junior grade is dependent on the SFA for referees.  It's the Referee Department at Hampden who allocate the games.  They may well argue that the top tiers in the West Region have 4 extra games from previous years with the two leagues expanding from 12 to 16 teams this season.

Unlike years ago when the juniors had their own referees, the junior grade is dependent on the SFA for referees.  It's the Referee Department at Hampden who allocate the games.  They may well argue that the top tiers in the West Region have 4 extra games from previous years with the two leagues expanding from 12 to 16 teams this season.
In recent seasons there have generally been 13 matches with assistants in the west (6 super prem, 7 super first), and as far as I know that was the maximum they could muster. It would seem that we are still around the same level with 13 matches with assistants this Saturday too. I'm sure they would still like to give all the top 2 divisions games a full set of officials if they could.

The problem may potentially be caused by the increase in eosfl matches this season and moving forward. I would expect that officials will be allocated to the eosfl first, particularly assistants, given that it is classed as tier 6 right now. Although there will be other factors, im sure the sheer increase in the number of matches at tier 6 this season will undoubtedly have had an impact, meaning that instead of sending more centrally located officials west to the juniors they are being sent east to the eosfl. 

Watched a game in that league every week all season last year with linesman always present 

To be honest I never seen a good one .Some decisions were laughable for offside and they never make a decision as they don't want to undermine ref

Waste of money 

In my opinion it makes a mockery of the league. Either all matches in this league should have linesmen, or none of them should. It's not fair that some games are officiated to a different standard than others. It's also not fair that a certain team visits a certain venue with linesmen, and other teams visit that same venue without linesmen. If there aren't enough linesmen to cover every game, just make a decision that this league doesn't have linesmen.

In my opinion it makes a mockery of the league. Either all matches in this league should have linesmen, or none of them should. It's not fair that some games are officiated to a different standard than others. It's also not fair that a certain team visits a certain venue with linesmen, and other teams visit that same venue without linesmen. If there aren't enough linesmen to cover every game, just make a decision that this league doesn't have linesmen.
Totally agree.

6 hours ago, Brig O'Lea said:

The only league games we haven't had linesmen were away to Girvan and away to Craigmark so is south Ayrshire not so well covered? 

However, we are at Benburb this week, and there's no linesman. No idea how they decide who gets and who doesn't. You would have thought that a 2nd v 3rd game would have had linesmen though.  

Archived