Raith Rovers v The Angus Minnows

Enigma

12 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Smith is an average lower league manager, and it should be pretty simple to emerge from this process with a better manager at the helm. Even the unfancied types like Duffy would represent an upgrade. 

If Smith was obsessed with 4-4-2 then Duffy must be obsessed with the long ball game - 30 years of it and counting.

I really don't think I could take yet another manager who thinks along those lines.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Beachbum said:

If Smith was obsessed with 4-4-2 then Duffy must be obsessed with the long ball game - 30 years of it and counting.

I really don't think I could take yet another manager who thinks along those lines.

Don't doubt that. My point is if he plays long ball all season and manages to not shit the bed in the big games then he's already a lot better than Smith. 

Fair play to cat for trying something different but it hasn't worked in the way he's tried to implement it. That being said he should have changed the formation at ht yesterday and we could have won the game although I didn't think montrose were a bad side at all and were well organised and played to their strengths. We were the complete opposite and looked disjointed in a system the players weren't sure about.

Vaughan into midfield instead of pushing Nat up was a mistake. He is looking half the player he was a year ago even despite his baffling motm in his first game back this season. I hope injuries won't wreck his career.

I think the general ballance of the squad we have is off and we don't really have a most suited formation due to lack of depth in the wide areas. There are a few we could do well with but it all depends on who is fit and able on the day. Hopefully we get someone appointed tomorrow or Tuesday to give them a few days to gauge what to do with the squad we have.

Was a good travelling support who made plenty of noise for their numbers even if shouting for fouls that weren't there was a common theme.

4 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Aye was definitely Matthews. Was going on target regardless of the Montrose player putting his foot on it or not.

Also think it's a bit harsh to put it down as an own goal. In fact, it was very nearly an excellent clearance.

On another incident, it would be interesting to see the clash when your keeper got injured.
From where we were, it looked like the keeper pole-axed our striker. Notice it's not on the highlights.

Archived