Raith Rovers v The Angus Minnows

Enigma

Thanks to the Mo for not losing today, despite obliging the Lino Dugs by scoring for them - and lifts us one place above Stenny.  Blindingly obviously,  a win would have been better but hopefully lifts the team ahead of next Saturday's home clash with the Bridieheids. Look forward to reading how things went from a Mo fan's perspective...

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely dire as already covered. 

Credit to Montrose though, was really impressed by them. Hard working and well organised. Good game management, threat from set pieces and on the counter attack. Everything you’d want in an away performance against a bigger team.

Wouldn’t be disappointed with Stewart Petrie as manager on that showing, got absolutely everything out of an, on paper, very average group of players. 

The board’s dithering costs us another two points. Cuthbert is totally out of his depth.

Only positive as far as I can see is he surely can’t get the job full time, no matter how much the players want him.

Regardless of manager though, I‘m not sure we’ll win this league. Maybe not even close to it. We’ve been outplayed at home by Montrose and East Fife under two different managers and we’re still in September. 13 points from seven isn’t good enough and we haven’t played Dumbarton or the league leaders. Worrying.

Raith definitely seemed there for the taking this afternoon. Think we played very well in spells first half especially, and while 1 up hoped we might create chances but nothing too clear cut. Awful/unlucky goal to concede. Their first half injuries probably forced their hand a bit second half, so perhaps a bit lucky there.
Can understand our changes of Watson and Campbell to hold the game back, but with an agitated home crowd on Raith's back, I'd have loved to see Henderson and Antoniazzi full of running have a go at them final 15.
Good away result. More of the same next week v Forfar please.

Can only echo what everyone has said. Absolute shambles today and the fault lies right at the feet of the board. It's ridiculously obvious they've been waiting for one result to justify Cuthbert getting it.

Like last week a draw was the last three opposition deserved. I don't really recall Montrose's keeper having to make any saves. No shape and no ideas. At one point in the first half Bene knocked a long ball forward for no reason and Cuthbert had a go but it looked like he didn't really care what he said. Cuthbert far too close to the players.

After today I'd definitely take Petrie who had his team playing decent football with none of this absolute ridiculous long ball nonsense.

Stand by comments I made yesterday that cuthbert is not an idiot. But he’s definitely not a football manager. That’s four points lost because of board incompetence. If the plan was to sack Smith they surely should have had some succession plan in place. That’s what competent business people do. Where do we go now? The cheap option of Cuthbert can’t be considered after a thumping at Dingwall and failure to beat two of the lesser teams in this league. Sim has a lot of questions to answer. Despite all his positive words I’m not sure I’m happy with him at the helm of my beloved club. Please prove me wrong. This is the lowest I’ve felt since relegation at Meadowbank in Bobby Wilson’s era. And that’s saying something.

Stand by comments I made yesterday that cuthbert is not an idiot. But he’s definitely not a football manager. That’s four points lost because of board incompetence. If the plan was to sack Smith they surely should have had some succession plan in place. That’s what competent business people do. Where do we go now? The cheap option of Cuthbert can’t be considered after a thumping at Dingwall and failure to beat two of the lesser teams in this league. Sim has a lot of questions to answer. Despite all his positive words I’m not sure I’m happy with him at the helm of my beloved club. Please prove me wrong. This is the lowest I’ve felt since relegation at Meadowbank in Bobby Wilson’s era. And that’s saying something.
I was saying the exact thing during the game today. Any competent business has a succession plan in place. What this shows is our board is incompetent but that would come as no real surprise given they have as much business experience as a packet of ready salted crisps.

Montrose are solid team who’ve got results against good teams, few decent cup results last year and this against Championship sides and Ayr, was never going to be a walk in the park.

Good result for the Mo, must be good playing league games at a place like the Starks after being in the doldrums for so long.

Archived