WWE Super Show-Down

JamieStevenson

An alright show, but nothing more than that.  Seemed like they just couldn't decide whether they wanted to make a fancy house-show, or actually go full-blown PPV, and got stuck somewhere in between.  But they may as well have finished it prior to Bryan/Miz, all downhill from there.  I was trying to get through the show quickly, so skipping minutes here and there.  Was watching on my phone, so you usually skip far too far each time.  Got to the entrances for that match and skipped I think 4 minutes, and they were already hyping up the main event.  It really is amazing how WWE can take what seemed like the easiest story to write, and then just completely shite out of it in favour of whatever they're trying to do.  Can only assume that by giving Bryan the shot at Crown Jewel, they're going for the ooooh dream match stuff, have AJ retain, and that'll be that.  Miz winning was the decision to make, and probably to start a feud that ended with him taking the title.  He deserves it, and it opens up a lot of options having a hated heel with the title.  But no, let's do this.  f**k sake.

And the main event was just...there.  Taker looked absolutely fucked throughout, and not in a selling kind of way.  HHH did his best, as did HBK, but there's only so much you can do.  And now we're presumably getting a tag match at the Saudi Love-in, leading possibly to HBK bumping around for Taker at WM.  Meh.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although im not a new day fan the match was fantastic and in my opinion they are two of the best teams around rite now. 

Lynch getting herself disqualified as the “cheating cowardly heel”  is not the way to book her. Fans love her and cheer so just let her shine as a fighter without trying to gain  cheap heat. She missed with the belt first time then the second time it barely touched Charlotte and she rolls about in agony. There feud can be one of the best on smackdown don’t f**k it up WWE. 

Cena Just didn’t look rite but credit for how he has worked for years he deserves a break and a chance to shine elsewhere. 

Was shocked that Vince let the iconics go over. He usually loves the hometown competitor getting done. Smart booking but not a hard decision logically to make fans happy.

AJ and Joe was fantastic Just didn’t like Joe tapping out. It leaves him hurt here where does he go now. As good as AJ is I would have liked to see Joe having a run with the title. Take nothing away from these guys though.

Cruiserweight match was A+ my suprise highlight of the night tbh. Don’t watch 205 as for a long time as good as the guys were they weren’t getting a fair crack at it. Will defo take more of an interest now. 

The shield I have absolutely hee haw interest in. A solid match with everyone looking great but Reigns can f**k off, Ambrose I ain’t fussed on but Rollins is top draw for me. Want McIntyre pushed now before they find a way to waste him and Strauman should have been top man and champion months ago. I love Straumans character but i fear WWE will f**k him up eventually too with a clean loss to Reigns.

Miz wasted again with the most ridiculous booking decision of the night/month/year. Fucking shambolic from WWE. Pissed off at that one.

The main event sort of annoyed me with the fact its a boot in the balls to guys like Balor, Kevin Owens and a whole host of other top talent that need to play second fiddle to two old men. The match dragged on far too long. Kane was as well being left away and even the nostalgia wasn’t there for me and it has been with undertaker even at the last Wrestlemania. Im done with this sort if thing and would rather see top talent properly used and WWE taking a gamble. I do understand though that this kind of match will always sell tickets  just not my cup of tea.

Finished watching it earlier.

Overall: meh.

Can only echo that the Cruiserweight match was easily the best on the card. Absolutely brilliant stuff that wouldn't be out of place on any major PPV.

The Bellas remain shit and should still be punted. They can't even run the ropes properly. Sadly they're getting pushed in place of actual wrestlers. Get them to f**k. 

Tag Title match was really good. Shield vs Strowman and pals was decent. Becky vs Charlotte was good but let down by a predictable shitty ending. AJ vs Joe was also good but like all their matches just felt like it was missing something.

Bryan vs Miz was...just baffling. This feud has been awful. It started out great but has just gotten worse and killed the heat of both guys. Having their wives (who can't wrestle) get involved really dragged it down. Hopefully they'll be kept apart for now but I wouldn't be surprised to see the Saudi match become a triple threat.

Main event was shit. It was like old guys cosplaying as 2000s Taker, Kane, HHH and HBK. Taker needs to retire. 

Mind when Asuka was a bad ass who kicked f**k out of folk? Now she's a goof who does shit dancing. It was her 'gold wig moment'.

Loved Elias playing Thunderstruck. He and Owens are brilliant and work a crowd so well. Shame then that their match was utter house show stuff. Glad Lashley turned last night as absolutely no one gave a f**k about him. Cena did Cena by numbers.

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

Get the impression either Bryan loses cleans or is cheated by Miz again so AJ can beat Punk’s streak before Miz takes the title off him at the Rumble. Have Bryan win the Rumble and beat Miz at Mania.

Definite screwy finish. They'd never change one of the two big titles on a show like this anyway, but agreed, they're definitely going for the record. They've been mentioning how many days he's had the title a lot recently.

If they go the way they seem to be going then it's good storytelling and everyone involved benefits from it. AJ gets a record he deserves, Miz gets his moment at the top that he deserves and Bryan gets the big Mania win and hopefully a deserved long run with the title until El Idolo takes it off him.

If they go the way they seem to be going then it's good storytelling and everyone involved benefits from it. AJ gets a record he deserves, Miz gets his moment at the top that he deserves and Bryan gets the big Mania win and hopefully a deserved long run with the title until El Idolo takes it off him.
Totally in to that

Archived