Contintal Players

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

There were loads of Scots in Argentina at one time - my grandfather was the minister of the Church of Scotland in Buenos Aires in the 1960s.  There was even a Gaelic choir from Argentina that sang at the Mòd this year, led and tutored by a guy with the pretty excellent name of Guillermo MacKinlay.  I think most of the people in it have a Scottish background.

37 minutes ago, Tulloch Gorum said:

There were loads of Scots in Argentina at one time - my grandfather was the minister of the Church of Scotland in Buenos Aires in the 1960s.  There was even a Gaelic choir from Argentina that sang at the Mòd this year, led and tutored by a guy with the pretty excellent name of Guillermo MacKinlay.  I think most of the people in it have a Scottish background.

Ach too late to find out if that wee number 10 (forget his name...) could play for Scotland.

Ach too late to find out if that wee number 10 (forget his name...) could play for Scotland.

His fellow World Cup winning team mate, José Luis (Jock) Brown could have!!!

Eta- and before people say, yes his paternal Grandfather Brown was back in the 1800's, his mum's dad is actually Scottish, from Selkirk I think it was!!!

His fellow World Cup winning team mate, José Luis (Jock) Brown could have!!! 
Eta- and before people say, yes his paternal Grandfather Brown was back in the 1800's, his mum's dad is actually Scottish, from Selkirk I think it was!!!
Greenock according to wikipedia

Personal life[edit]

Mac Allister is of Scottish and Irish descent. Some ancestors hailed from Fife.[4] He talked in 2004 about having no deep relations to his roots, but "would love to know Ireland", a place he "would someday go".[5] His brother is Patricio Mac Allister.[6]He has three sons who are professional footballers: Alexis, Francis and Kevin.[6

Looks like he's straight out the McGeady, McCarthy camp

Archived