Contintal Players

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DavidMcG said:

John Bostock is a regular for Toulouse 

Is Bostock eligible to play for Scotland?

From a quick google he went from England U19 to Trinidad and Tobago. I'm not sure if you're allowed to switch again even if he didn't play for T&T. He can't according to the T&T website anyway.

1 hour ago, Gordopolis said:

Do we have any players i the Spanish, German, French or Italian top flights? I'm guessing not but hadnt really considered it until I read this thread

France ligue 1 is their top flight. See DavidMcG's post

7 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:
14 minutes ago, C. Muir said:
France ligue 1 is their top flight. See DavidMcG's post

Thanks - brainfart moment conflating Ligue 1 with the equivalent of the sub EPL leagues

Apologies for going slightly off-topic, and I know they are only names, but I've never been a fan of the renaming and rebranding of the leagues and always thought it a bit daft myself. Surely there was nothing much wrong with the Premiership-First-Second-Third setup?

Apologies for going slightly off-topic, and I know they are only names, but I've never been a fan of the renaming and rebranding of the leagues and always thought it a bit daft myself. Surely there was nothing much wrong with the Premiership-First-Second-Third setup?
I'd agree. In fact the older first, second, third, fourth was just fine.

Again off topic, but I'd almost rather they went completely ridiculous in naming the leagues, rather than just go "och, just copy England, pal".  Name them after 90s era Gladiators (I wouldn't mind Thistle's fucking mediocrity if we were going to stay in the Hunter and Wolf League) for all I care, just make them different.

52 minutes ago, forameus said:

Again off topic, but I'd almost rather they went completely ridiculous in naming the leagues, rather than just go "och, just copy England, pal".  Name them after 90s era Gladiators (I wouldn't mind Thistle's fucking mediocrity if we were going to stay in the Hunter and Wolf League) for all I care, just make them different.

The NHL had its divisions named after old owners and coaches (Adams, Norris, Patrick, Smythe) for a long time. Unfortunately they ditched that and they now have very boring geographic names, like the other North American sports.

And nobody would complain about being down at the arse-end of the Jet league...

9 hours ago, Gordopolis said:
10 hours ago, forameus said:

And nobody would complain about being down at the arse-end of the Jet league...

Jet, mmmmmmm

On ‎18‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 12:47, forameus said:

"Tap league" "Dece league" "Seaside league" "Diddy league" and, of course, the non league starts at the "Teuchter league/Jakie league" split. Further down the pyramid we find the "Fermer league" and "Salt and sauce league, ken?"

Harper must be in for a shout if he keeps playing well for Malaga. Liam Henderson and David Bates should be considered if they are also playing well and getting their respective teams at the top of the league. 

On 17/09/2018 at 19:58, Craig McCulloch Burley said:

Of the five young lads playing in the 2nd tier of continental European leagues this season, who would you bet a pint on being the first to get a call up to the senior squad; Harper, Henderson, Bates, Gauld, or St Clair?

more anyone  should first call up senior squad?

All of them should be seriously considered

If you're playing English championship seems to be good enough so why not

Archived