Sent home from school for haircut

ICTChris

When I was a young man back in the 1960's .....  Morgan Academy in Dundee was celebrating the centenary of it's opening and decided all classes would be photographed which wasn't a regular thing back then. They banned every boy with long hair from having their photo taken. They didn't send any of us home so we just decided plunk the rest of the day in protest. Their definition of long hair was any length over the collar. 

41 minutes ago, Eednud said:

When I was a young man back in the 1960's .....  Morgan Academy in Dundee was celebrating the centenary of it's opening and decided all classes would be photographed which wasn't a regular thing back then. They banned every boy with long hair from having their photo taken. They didn't send any of us home so we just decided plunk the rest of the day in protest. Their definition of long hair was any length over the collar. 

It might have changed a bit since your day.

http://morgan.ea.dundeecity.sch.uk/

11 hours ago, Gaz said:

They're also there to prepare pupils for the realities of working life, which often requires conformity with a uniform and hairstyle.

You don't have to tell me that, I've been in the military 28 years. 

But I don't like to talk about it.

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I'd stick his face to the ring of a conventional electric cooker.

I got threatened with being sent home early a couple of times when I was in about 5th year at school for having (fairly bog standard for the purposes of the thread tbh) facial hair. Which always used to confuse me because multiple staff members had very full beards or moustaches or the like including the deputy headmaster, so it always struck me as being a touch hypocritical. Most of the teachers didn't give a shit but there were one or two - and it was always just the same one or two that would pull me up - who seemed to take it as a personal insult if you rocked up in class with a wee goatee or the like.
Still don't fully understand why but would just have a shave on the rare occasions it got to that point rather than try to argue with any of the staff over it - was usually after an extended holiday period or something where I let it grow out a bit.
All the time I was reading this I couldn't get this out my head. 9lnh8o14e6yz.jpg

On 22/10/2018 at 12:31, ICTChris said:

That lad looks like a c**t.  I reckon his doting parents will also be c***s.

On 10/22/2018 at 12:31, ICTChris said:

A school has banned bags for health and safety reasons...

The school stated that ‘injury was being caused to younger students’ because of ‘ever-larger bags’ being carried on their shoulders.

What in the f**k has happened to this country.

24 minutes ago, banana said:

What in the f**k has happened to this country.

Spunked all our money on the failed Darien scheme and then got hit with the Alien Act in England that forced the upper class landowners into a political union to save their skin (money) at the expense of the population's wishes and then 300 years of colonial policy that led to an uneven distribution of wealth among the populace and a natural subservience to Westminster.

Should be alright after independence tho

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
6 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

A lot going on here. Some fantastic names (Clutterbuck?), raging parents and sullen children and oddly elongated yarns about a broken shoe.

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/news/gloucester-news/hundreds-pupils-sent-home-put-2945692

How can you not have the right protractor? Did some kids get ones from Aldi that only went up to 179 degrees or something?

42 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

A lot going on here. Some fantastic names (Clutterbuck?), raging parents and sullen children and oddly elongated yarns about a broken shoe.

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/news/gloucester-news/hundreds-pupils-sent-home-put-2945692

They need trousers without pockets? I have never seen men's trousers without pockets.

Also are both Clutter bucks 3ft or was the photographer standing on a step ladder

36 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

How can you not have the right protractor? Did some kids get ones from Aldi that only went up to 179 degrees or something?

It says in the story they need a 360 degree one.

Not sure why you would ever need such a thing, where to get one nor how it would fit in a standard pencil case. 

I would have loved one though. It sounds like an ideal shuriken to go with a 30cm shatterproof samurai sword. 

5 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

They need trousers without pockets? I have never seen men's trousers without pockets.

Also are both Clutter bucks 3ft or was the photographer standing on a step ladder

:lol: If 'Bod The Movie' ever comes to pass, Mrs Clutterbuck has got the gig.

Mrs Clutterbuck will go in and remove her son herself, physically...aye, course you will.
And, my shoe broke on the way here (sounds fuckin likely). Well, wear these big ones or go home...lassy spent the day slapping about in the big shoes? Go hame fs!