Sent home from school for haircut

ICTChris

On 10/10/2019 at 18:43, ICTChris said:

Child starved with tuna sandwich

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/education/east-hull-mum-school-sandwich-3408367

The Facebook group I saw this on has uncovered that this mum has history of pulling kids out of school, she uses some lovely imagery here to discuss a previous pull out.

IMG_0885.jpg

Have the primary school taken direct action against their bete noire?

IMG_0886.jpg

There’s nothing more traditional than someone’s house going up in flames at Christmas with them inside it. Slow news day otherwise...unless there’s a Tsunami.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Parents shrugging shoulders and saying fine at home. Or more totally indulged abd get what he wants. Then kicks off when faced with rules and basic social interactions

Just saw this story on the TV screens at work.  The "sent home for haircut" bandwagon is rolling.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7880983/Mother-declare-eight-year-old-model-son-non-binary-long-hair-school.html

I don't think he should have to cut his hair.  A very modern story though, a mother saying she's going to declare her son non-binary so he can keep his Instagram star status with his long hair

Boy told he can't get into school unless he cuts massive mop of curls (Picture: @faroukjames/Instagram)

Edited by ICTChris

35 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Just saw this story on the TV screens at work.  The "sent home for haircut" bandwagon is rolling.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7880983/Mother-declare-eight-year-old-model-son-non-binary-long-hair-school.html

I don't think he should have to cut his hair.  A very modern story though, a mother saying she's going to declare her son non-binary so he can keep his Instagram star status with his long hair

Boy told he can't get into school unless he cuts massive mop of curls (Picture: @faroukjames/Instagram)

Trans issues... Check.

Mental health....check.

Single mother crying....check.

Remarkable she hasn't thrown racism in there as well.

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

I don't think he should have to cut his hair.

As much as I agree, I'd imagine that whoever ends up sitting at a desk beside him is going to tire of being engulfed by an afro fairly quickly.  Those sitting behind will be delighted though seeing as they could have a few games of Black 5 without being noticed by the teacher.

On 13/01/2020 at 19:45, Mark Connolly said:

Genuine question:  does anybody know of anybody that had a shaved head at primary school and didn't turn out to be an underachieving nutter throughout school?

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

Attention seeking mother.

1 hour ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

a mother saying she's going to declare her son non-binary so he can keep his Instagram star status with his long hair

What does that even mean? 

It's a rhetorical question, I actually couldn't give a shit. 

:)

1 minute ago, RH33 said:

Attention seeking mother.

Definitely.  I also think that there's something wrong about parents who make money off their children, especially at this age.  You can't tell me that the mother in this case doesn't make some cash out of her son's modelling.  This means that there's going to be pressure on him to go along with it.  I remember reading an article about the 12 year old drag queen and his parents basically live off their son's earnings, which strikes me as extremely morally dubious.

I still don't see the problem with the lad having his hair like that.  I might style my hair like that tbh.

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

How dare she assume the child's gender. That is a decision for the child alone.

3 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Genuine question:  does anybody know of anybody that had a shaved head at primary school and didn't turn out to be an underachieving nutter throughout school?

I could answer that but then you’d have to ban me, so I won’t.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

How dare you, that's for the Reverend Stuart Campbell to decide! 

"If it's got a cock, then it's a man as far as I'm concerned"

Figure he was probably misquoted there, TBF. Seems more likely he meant, "it has to BE a cock to be a man..."

5 hours ago, ICTChris said:

The wee guys probably desperate to get a hair cut.

Cruel maw.

6 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Never mind that. Why isn't Hermione wearing a Gryffindor tie?

On 15/01/2020 at 14:58, ICTChris said:

Van de Graaff generator.