Sent home from school for haircut

ICTChris

Some excellent comments on that story, including a guy complaining that his son got a detention because "he's shirt was untucked", an event that definitely happened. There's also a good post purportedly from an actual pupil at the school (which it could be) that calls pish on almost everything in the article.

And, of course, plenty of "the fucking state of them"-type posts referring to the first picture. It's basically how P&B reacts.

24 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I will never regret bumping this thread.

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/people/teenage-girl-sent-home-from-leeds-school-after-getting-clear-earring-to-reduce-migraines-1-9818159

The doting dad reminds me of someone but I can’t put my finger on it?

Bob Carolgees.

2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I will never regret bumping this thread.

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/people/teenage-girl-sent-home-from-leeds-school-after-getting-clear-earring-to-reduce-migraines-1-9818159

The doting dad reminds me of someone but I can’t put my finger on it?

Image result for yosser hughes

Edited by LincolnHearts

13 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Kids love that kind of thing. If there's one thing guaranteed to get you better treatment, avoid bullying and generally increase your popularity, it's your Da' gluing himself to the school gates.

9 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Kids love that kind of thing. If there's one thing guaranteed to get you better treatment, avoid bullying and generally increase your popularity, it's your Da' gluing himself to the school gates.

I'm a little disappointed that nobody took the opportunity to pelt him with rotten fruit and/or eggs. Do we not have neds any more? 

11 hours ago, Rowan said:

It seems all they need to do is get a doctors letter. Bit less drama.

I took the school's response on that point to imply "... and the reason they don't have a doctor's letter for then earring is the same as our reason for not allowing it: there's no evidence for the belief that it has any effect on migraines, let alone a positive one."

The implication seemed fair and suitably sarcastic to me.