Kilmarnock v Celtic

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, TheCelt67 said:

We're a team lacking confidence and ideas.  Something certainly wrong at Celtic Park at the moment.

Well done Killie.

i saw your game on thursday night you played the same way against us  ... your players  looked as if it was a sunday stroll no urgency or energy ... to play once like that now and again is acceptable but to play like that 2 games in a trot should be worrying for everyone at Celtic.

i have no interest in the Celtic/Sevco stuff

On 9/21/2018 at 23:01, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

Would welcome him  back at RP anytime, unfortunately I can see it ending in tears for us.

Despite the misgivings the Celtic fans have about this man, he is an absolutely  brilliant footballer.

Best midfielder in Scotland by a mile.

You clearly haven't got a clue Mr Gnu.

Mulumbo is an utter fanny.

2 minutes ago, kilMARKnock said:
6 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:
Your club died and you all stood back and watched. The rest of us laughed. 

Remember he watched from a dodgy stream, plastic zombie not worth a response

Never watched it, tho I was pretty chuffed when the Google score thingy popped up.

Todays been a good day.

Thought we were magnificent today. 

The way you start a match has a huge bearing on how it turns out in my opinion. If you concede too much of the ball in the opening phase it gives the other team a real foothold in the game and it can be hard to shift into a more attacking gear. It gives the opposition all of the urgency. I thought we started brilliantly - came out to attack, passed the ball around beautifully, created chances, pressed them hard. We were never going to maintain that but I think it had a bearing on the result. It told Celtic we weren't here to sit back, look for a draw, or roll over. 

That Boyata wasn't sent off by the same ref who (wrongly) sent off Devlin - and had that decision upheld - when the chance was closer to goal shows the inconsistency of refereeing in Scotland. It's like decisions are picked from a tombola. Boyata then proceeds to shove Broadfoot (the master of windup) later and escapes a second yellow. Thought Thomson had a poor game and allowed the likes of Christie and Johnston to foul Jones out of the game. Would have been easy to stop with a caution. 

Mulumbu gets upset that Tshibola is bossing him so starts moaning at the ref then lashes out at Tish. I want to see it again but surely a straight red? Glorious to see Mulumbu getting a hard time of it. Liked him at Killie but f**k him, he's one of them now. 

I think the incident where Tshibola nailed that snake changed the game for us. It gave us all the momentum and got the Killie fans onside, made it an us vs them thing. 

As usual against Celtic we had our tactics spot on, and always good to know you can rely on Jamie for a safe pair of hands when called upon. They got their goal from two bizarre failed clearances and had other chances in the match to score that we had Macdonald to thank for keeping out. 

Back four were great, special mention to Broadfoot for his windup antics (including gestures to the Chadwick at the end) and O'Donnell for being the best full back on the park today. 

Early doors I thought Power might go on to be my man of the match. Tshibola put in a good claim for it in the second half. All credit to Clarke for his midfield selection, probably a few surprised he didn't add an extra man in midfield but the two he played through the centre put in a power of work. 

Jones looked up for it and would have been back to his usual self if allowed to play. Dragged defenders around and won fouls. Burke on the other side just continued the form he's found this season. He's a fantastic player with intelligence, skills, the heart of a lion and bags of energy. Already liked him but growing to love him. My MOTM. 

Brophy and Stewart were exactly the right choices up front. Terrific at hold up play, bringing others in to the game, and the two hardest working forwards we have.

All credit to Clarke, he knew exactly what he was doing to beat what's looking a very pedestrian Celtic side. Let's hope ourselves and a couple other teams can maintain this and help someone to finally break the dominance of the Old Filth. 

Archived