Accies - St Mirren

Against us last week, I felt Miller was having to drop too deep into the midfield and being forced to take on a playmaker role which is not his strength. He's best farther forward when drifting into either wide areas or the channels. He's an attacking dribbler rather than a midfield passer. Boyd drops deep from his frontline starting position so he likely alleviated some of the creative burden from Miller today as well as fed Miller passes.  Great move by Canning to bring Boyd in for Bingham as I'm guessing that got the best out of Miller today. I read just now that Imrie won a penalty which doesn't surprise me as he's such a clever player. He was excellent last week when he came on.  Fantastic win for Accies today. From what I saw last week, even though Livi won, Hamilton are a good, solid side and it seems Canning made the correct tactical tweaks this week. Great stuff. 

Edit: Just read some of the other comments in this thread and saw that Canning picked (I'm guessing) a 4-2-3-1 with Miller and Imrie wide in the attacking midfield line and Boyd central. So that formation change probably benefited Miller more than Boyd's inclusion. 

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've got such an unbalanced squad, and it really showed today. Three of the back four playing out of position and no width at all. As soon as it went to 1-0 it was game over.

It's a real shambles Kearney has inherited. The only positive is that we at least have 4 points. Anything else we can pick up between now and January will be vital, then see if Kearney can save us in the window. It's a tough ask, but we've done it before. Need to hope Dundee stick with McCann for as long as possible as well.

On 22/09/2018 at 19:38, accies1874 said:

Delighted to hear how easy it was. 

Delighted to hear that the back four worked well. 

If we can ease past St Mirren, we can destroy pointless omnishambles Dundee. That's how it works, eh @Demented Zebra?

Can't say I'm delighted for you but well done Hamilton I called it wrong. SFA have got to get these plastic pitches banned. top leagues in England , Germany, France , Spain don't use them we should not ether. 

1 hour ago, Demented Zebra said:

Can't say I'm delighted for you but well done Hamilton I called it wrong. SFA have got to get these plastic pitches banned. top leagues in England , Germany, France , Spain don't use them we should not ether. 

You should apologise to all the people you insulted. I was very upset when you accused me of "writting a load of crap".

2 minutes ago, GAD said:

You should apologise to all the people you insulted. I was very upset when you accused me of "writting a load of crap".

Appoliges for what ? Having a view. Our game plan went right out the window with late injuries. The effort was very poor.  I agree we need a forward. As for the width we have wing backs who can make good crosses unfortunately P McGinn had to slot in to centre back. So in the most part I still disagree with your diagnosis. 

2 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

Nothing to see here folks, the pitch is to blame for St Mirren being shite!

2 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

:lol:

On 22/09/2018 at 22:11, Hendo said:

I don't think you play nearly 400 games, around half of them in the English Premiership, by being a wage thief.

Before last week he hadn't played a game since last season, not even a preseason friendly. Once he's fully match fit he'll be a good signing for us.

Yes, it's unknown for 30+ year old Englishmen to come to Scottish football at the end of their career expecting an easy ride and not bothering to put any effort in. 

Archived