Accies - St Mirren

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kilgallon is the signing of the season. Just what we needed, a leader at the back. Mickel Miller is a superstar in waiting. Our next big money sale for sure.
He's a really composed centre half. Not only can he defend, he can play a pass from the back without panicking and hoofing it up the park.

Excellent performance by everyone, can't really name a player that didn't help out in some way. It was scrappy early on, but once we scored the goal the whole squad lifted and we really tore into a poor at St Mirren side. 

Well done to Canning for changing the formation, folks will say it should have been done weeks ago, but there are managers who would still have stuck to there guns.

McGowan is rapidly becoming my favourite player, energy for days, fights for every ball, and has quality, Has to be the first name on the team sheet for me. Was glad to see Want back in, wasn't his best performance, but I prefer him to our other options, plus he'll no doubt learn loads besides Kilgallon and begin to flourish. Speaking of which looks like a real key signing, our defence has been ropey for years, and he looks like he can change that.

Cringed when I saw Boyd starting, but credit it to him, he played well. Still I think he's a sort of player that, if the team is doing well, he's great, but if they're poor, he'll be the worst player. We need to pick him tactically.

Penny, Bloomfield and Sowah I doubt will see much action unless injury dictates.

Excellent performance by everyone, can't really name a player that didn't help out in some way. It was scrappy early on, but once we scored the goal the whole squad lifted and we really tore into a poor at St Mirren side. 
Well done to Canning for changing the formation, folks will say it should have been done weeks ago, but there are managers who would still have stuck to there guns.
McGowan is rapidly becoming my favourite player, energy for days, fights for every ball, and has quality, Has to be the first name on the team sheet for me. Was glad to see Want back in, wasn't his best performance, but I prefer him to our other options, plus he'll no doubt learn loads besides Kilgallon and begin to flourish. Speaking of which looks like a real key signing, our defence has been ropey for years, and he looks like he can change that.
Cringed when I saw Boyd starting, but credit it to him, he played well. Still I think he's a sort of player that, if the team is doing well, he's great, but if they're poor, he'll be the worst player. We need to pick him tactically.
Penny, Bloomfield and Sowah I doubt will see much action unless injury dictates.

This^^^

I would add a special mention for Martin who was excellent in the midfield and Brustad who Accies have broke the mound with: a striker who actually knows how to play the position. His hold up/ link up play is a vast improvement to what we have been used to.

Unbelievably, after a slow start to the season, we go into next week on a high, knowing a win puts us 9 points clear of the bottom team after 7 games!

1 hour ago, FuzzyBear said:

By the way I have never seen a player as disinterested as Anton Ferdinand. Wage thief.

I don't think you play nearly 400 games, around half of them in the English Premiership, by being a wage thief.

Before last week he hadn't played a game since last season, not even a preseason friendly. Once he's fully match fit he'll be a good signing for us.

I don't think you play nearly 400 games, around half of them in the English Premiership, by being a wage thief.
Before last week he hadn't played a game since last season, not even a preseason friendly. Once he's fully match fit he'll be a good signing for us.
I have not played since 1999 but if I was playing for Accies today I would have put in a lot more effort than Ferdinand did.

Archived