Accies - St Mirren

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love a win here to kick start things but am tempering my expectations. 

Happy to cut and run with an away point. Watching us on the road so far this season has been absolutely fraught until now and picking up a point here would be another morale booster and show we're turning a corner. 

Shit attendances, plastic pitch, Stubbs unfairly treated, St Mirren players throwing it in.

Any other lazy observation from outsiders I've missed?

As for the game, I'm hopeful for a win and with Hibs and Aberdeen next up I would suggest it's pretty critical.

I'd love a win here to kick start things but am tempering my expectations. 
Happy to cut and run with an away point. Watching us on the road so far this season has been absolutely fraught until now and picking up a point here would be another morale booster and show we're turning a corner. 
A draw wouldn't be a terrible result given the circumstances but we need to try and build as big a gap as possible over Dundee before they bag McCann.

I can see either 0-0 or 1-0 either way. 1 moment of quality/defensive screw up could settle it.

If St.Mirren have any sort of midfield we are in trouble.Canning reckons we have the strongest squad he has ever had which is a worry in itself as we have the weakest midfield we have had since pre Billy Reid days.

An insistence in playing 3-5-2 with the current midfield will lead to Anton Ferdinand defending in ye olde pipes and slippers;we have to either pack the midfield in the hope the number of bodies will disguise it's inadequacies or go all out attack with three up front.

The new Manager bounce may well win the day unless Martin Canniwin pulls one of his every so often results which keeps him in the job.

On 17/09/2018 at 19:56, Bert Raccoon said:

We'll end up winning this week and then get beat by Dundee, it's the Accies way.

You won't win this week I'm sorry to say you will have to slug it out with Dundee. Our bad patch is over Stubbs terrible signings were dropped on Friday we had a glimpse of last season's St Mirren which will continue on Saturday. 

3 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

You won't win this week I'm sorry to say you will have to slug it out with Dundee. Our bad patch is over Stubbs terrible signings were dropped on Friday we had a glimpse of last season's St Mirren which will continue on Saturday. 

I'm even more confident now thanks.

4 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

Honestly. You think you were old enough to learn from pish like this. 

One decent performance against Celtic means not a thing. We are still dreadfully unbalanced and it will take more than a week to fix the issues. Even a win on Saturday doesn't mean we can rest easy. 

13 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

We've got a hugely unbalanced squad and will have several players playing out of position.

We've got a 33 year old centre half who is so lacking in match fitness that he couldn't even go up for corners and free kicks last week, yet still looks like our best option.

We've got no width because our entire midfield will be central midfielders until January. 

We've got one reasonable option up front in Danny Mullen. That's it.

Yet despite all this you still come away with that shite? 

30 minutes ago, GAD said:

We've got a hugely unbalanced squad and will have several players playing out of position.

We've got a 33 year old centre half who is so lacking in match fitness that he couldn't even go up for corners and free kicks last week, yet still looks like our best option.

We've got no width because our entire midfield will be central midfielders until January. 

Josh can play out wide as can Flynn. As  for a 33 year old centre back not fit he did rather well against Celtic. We will see who is writting shite come 5.45 on Saturday hopefully you will have that big negative cross off your shoulder. 

10 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Honestly. You think you were old enough to learn from pish like this. 

One decent performance against Celtic means not a thing. We are still dreadfully unbalanced and it will take more than a week to fix the issues. Even a win on Saturday doesn't mean we can rest easy. 

As above. 

1 minute ago, Demented Zebra said:

Josh can play out wide as can Flynn. As  for a 33 year old centre back not fit he did rather well against Celtic. We will see who is writting shite come 5.45 on Saturday hopefully you will have that big negative cross off your shoulder. 

Is Josh not a centre half and injured?

9 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Is it a late kick off?

4 hours ago, GAD said:

On the other hand , you'll be playing the Accies, so that pretty much balances all that.

Archived