St Johnstone visit Ibrox 23rd September

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've enjoyed our performances at Ibrox during Tommy Wright's time at the club. He and Lomas oversaw a goalless draw in their first game, where we played really well, and the only two defeats in six visits have been via very late goals.

Nine goals and only one defeat in our last four trips there, so the squad should have some confidence behind them.

I do think that horses for courses will come into play with our squad this season but for the moment suspect the manager won't tinker too much with a side that is playing reasonably well and picking up points.

Don't think we've had enough credit for both our start to the season (one defeat in ten) or our form over a more extended period. No visiting team has won at McDiarmid since February and we've suffered only three losses in our last 20 games.

Anything from the game on Sunday will be a bonus but I'll be disappointed if we don't put up a competitive performance.

42 minutes ago, Radford said:

Don't think we've had enough credit for both our start to the season (one defeat in ten) or our form over a more extended period. No visiting team has won at McDiarmid since February and we've suffered only three losses in our last 20 games. 

Probably a good thing, tbh. 

When you take a look at our current run of fixtures (Aberdeen, The Rangers, Celtic x2 and Hearts), this one obviously stands out as being the most likely source of three points. Hopefully we can get a victory and go into more challenging matches with a bit less pressure on us.

8 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Yes, I'm going. As I always do. I'm concerned about just supporting Saints than what the opposition fans etc partake in. 

That's fine at least there will be a few there to back them,so many people that I talk to say that they will not go back.I myself have not seen us play there in  many years as I find the place toxic.

Sounds like we will be making a lot of changes to the line-up after our great result on Thursday. Makes a lot of sense tbh as we won't need anywhere near our strongest side to dispatch with relegation fodder like this. Got to keep the squad fresh for tougher challenges such as Ayr United or Livingston.

35 minutes ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

Is anyone going to this game ?? Every Saints fan that I know will not set foot in the place 

Deary me ....

Anyway no excuses about European exertions this time. We didn’t travel 4000 miles. We are at home.

Manager could change it by playing McRorie, Morelos, Flanagan and Katic from the start and Dorrans and Grezda coming off the bench. Is Jack still out? 

What a difference in the strength in depth we now have at the club. 

St Johnstone are one of those meh clubs. Really difficult to get yourself up for a game against them.  A real nothing Club with a non existence support who create  no atmosphere home or away. Get the three points and move on.

Biggest test for our new look side yet. Hope we keep the same eleven going, we need to learn how to try and keep teams out, while retaining the ability to get numbers forward, games like this could provide vital lessons as the season progresses. 
As always, Rangers won't be as good as the media or their fans are portraying, nor will they be as bad as fans of other clubs suggest. Expect they'll dominate possession comfortably. 
Think we'll go with a similar team that finished against Aberdeen. Swanson in behind Watt, with Wotherspoon and Wright either side of Craig and Alston. Just a guess though. 
Only certainty is Alston will score from over 20 yards. 
Blair hates the **** and loves a screamer. SUM BOI.

17E1B16F-B867-4028-A590-6E490E19D21E.thumb.jpeg.67a5e0b0016dfb3b355ddf97e87bb50d.jpeg
Sometimes a picture says much more than a thousand words. Absolute puddledrinkers.

Stay safe Saints. Take an umbrella, put it up just as Blairs laces meet the ball

5 hours ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

Is anyone going to this game ?? Every Saints fan that I know will not set foot in the place 

I despise it. Toilets vile, seats cheap, absolute creatures either side who spend the ninety minutes screeching at you instead of watching the game, and stewards who try and chuck you out everytime you stand up. 

4 hours ago, tree house tam said:

The Rangers fans trying to create a rivalry with us is an utter minter.

Come back when you win something of meaning you fucking diddies.

There is no rivalry 

There will never be a rivalry 

Your club of choice mean nothing to us

Turn up. Take yer beating and then f**k off back to your little backwater town 

4 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Blair hates the **** and loves a screamer. SUM BOI.Sometimes a picture says much more than a thousand words. Absolute puddledrinkers.

Stay safe Saints. Take an umbrella, put it up just as Blairs laces meet the ball

Yes, an umbrella will be a great defence against our javelins.....

Archived