Morton home win vs Dunfermline

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our record against Morton in recent years really is tragic. Coupled with the fact we are absolute gash and I can only see one outcome: an emphatic Morton win. 

Going for 3-0 Morton. 

50 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

This. Been a Morton fan for 23 years and I can tell you this never goes well...

That’s not really true though, is it? We’ve had an excellent record against Dunfermline for most of this decade.

3 minutes ago, Toby said:

That’s not really true though, is it? We’ve had an excellent record against Dunfermline for most of this decade.

He's not talking about Dunfermline specifically, but that thing where away fans tell us they're so crap we'll cuff them without getting out of second gear... we generally don't.

All depends on JJ.

An experienced manager would look at how well we were doing in the short time under King Snake and slowly implement the changes and improvements they want. An inexperienced one might be more inclined to make big changes quickly and, if that's the case, it could go either way. He's had a full week's training and a game under his belt now so will be a bit more aware of the players strengths and weaknesses.

Prediction: JJ to unleash is new, patented, 3-2-4-1 formation with Bob McHugh as a sweeper as we canter to a 5-2 victory.

I don't think we'll get pumped, if nothing else we've tightened up somewhat defensively so if we get beat, which is pretty likely I don't think it'll be by a massive scoreline. 

0-0 or 1-0 to Morton is the most likely scenario, for no apparent reason though I'm more confident in this game than I was against Alloa, Morton by virtue of going for a win are hopefully more likely to be susceptible to a the counter. 

20 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I don't think we'll get pumped, if nothing else we've tightened up somewhat defensively so if we get beat, which is pretty likely I don't think it'll be by a massive scoreline. 

0-0 or 1-0 to Morton is the most likely scenario, for no apparent reason though I'm more confident in this game than I was against Alloa, Morton by virtue of going for a win are hopefully more likely to be susceptible to a the counter. 

I know it was "only" Alloa & Boreham Wood but last season's turnaround started on the back of us tightening up, getting a few boring/non-catastrophic results. 

Think a defeat here would put big pressure on AJ for the Partick Thistle game at EEP next Friday night. Would be similar to that game against St Mirren a couple of seasons back, where we ended up winning 4-3 or something daft.

I really can't see us getting anything better than a score draw on Saturday but we really do need a win. I'm starting to feel a great deal of apathy towards the team at the moment, which is a lot worse than being angry/despondent.

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

I know it was "only" Alloa & Boreham Wood but last season's turnaround started on the back of us tightening up, getting a few boring/non-catastrophic results. 

Aye exactly that, following the run of three straight defeats where we conceded two goals in each game in late Jan/Early Feb we had two 0-0 draws against Livi and Qots which were the absolute epitome of boring/non catastrophic, we did then get beat by a St Mirren side who were on the march to the title of course but hindsight says that our run started with that 0-0 at Livi. 

There's plenty criticism for AJ in that we keep finding ourselves in these positions where we have to have good runs, however he has proven that he can figure it out, our shocking start to the season was all about our pitiful defence so hopefully we're on our way to getting that sorted. 

Archived