Morton home win vs Dunfermline

Robinson has gifted us a goal in every game against us I can remember. An absolutely terrible goalkeeper.

He’s an absolutely seething mess towards The Famous as well, which makes it all the better when he inevitably fucks it up again.

IMG_0212.jpg.682f7f5de5d08384c26f850d3db1721d.jpg

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We absolutely dominated all but the last 15 minutes but we were almost completely ineffective up front. I was surprised at how soft and toothless Morton were, a lot of individual mistakes all over the park from them.

Looked like Robinson just saw the shot late at the time but I sounds as though he made a total c**t of if, which is a shame because he’s been really good for us and as it has been said, he’s more or less won games for us with some brilliant saves/performances.

Huge game against Thistle on Friday now.

Clearly a lot of work for Johannson to do going by that performance, but you have to wonder about people who were raving about the club choosing an inexperienced, different option ten days ago and are furious that he hasn’t worked out our best starting eleven yet. I’d treat the rest of the quarter as a bedding-in period for the management team - apart from losing to Falkirk, which must be treated as a sackable offence.

If that's a sign of things to come then we're humped. 

Did no one tell JJ that he's got the best player in the league when he's played in a midfield 3?

Ryan Scully lying on top of the ball near the end there summed that performance up - embarrassing! 

Doyle is still better than Tumilty as well. 

7 minutes ago, GiGi said:

No. Ignored rest of knicker-wetting post.

While Tumilty is far from the finished article and was poor today, that can be filed alongside statements like 'Allan Jenkins is pish' and 'Scott Tiffoney is better than Aidan Nesbitt'. 

If that's a sign of things to come then we're humped. 

Did no one tell JJ that he's got the best player in the league when he's played in a midfield 3?

Ryan Scully lying on top of the ball near the end there summed that performance up - embarrassing! 

Doyle is still better than Tumilty as well. 

Wouldn’t get too carried away, he’s experimenting with formations and lineups, which is within his rights as a new manager.

I’m going to assume the Doyle comment was a joke, along with the guy behind me today who insisted we need Mark Russell back ASAP.

53 minutes ago, smpar said:

We absolutely dominated all but the last 15 minutes but we were almost completely ineffective up front. I was surprised at how soft and toothless Morton were, a lot of individual mistakes all over the park from them.

Looked like Robinson just saw the shot late at the time but I sounds as though he made a total c**t of if, which is a shame because he’s been really good for us and as it has been said, he’s more or less won games for us with some brilliant saves/performances.

Huge game against Thistle on Friday now.

Can't really argue with this - thought The Ton were very poor, didn't win a second ball the whole game. But as said, The Pars had nothing to offer up front. From where I was standing I thought it was a good strike for the Ton goal, but by all accounts it seems like Robinson made a Royal horses cock of it!

I take it JJ was determined not to lose his first home game? We sat so deep it was unreal.

I can understand he wants us to be hard to beat at home, but defending so deep and inviting teams on us is asking for trouble. 

No one seemed to understand the system so we defended almost for the entire game. 

Thing was, once we came out after the goal we started to trouble the Pars and could have sneaked a winner. 

Early days, but get a grip JJ, we shouldn't be sitting that deep in a home game

Pish. He was rank.

He was far from the worst player on the park, chased down well. Pointing and shouting is part of his job as captain. McHugh was dire, Johnstone won a fair amount in the air and he never anticipated it once. I’d have preferred Oliver on earlier but we’ll take the point.

Edit: I’d have preferred a lot of things to be different, but hopefully that’s the last of 4-4-2.

Archived