Morton home win vs Dunfermline

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Durnan isn’t a footballer so hopefully it’s a back 4 with Ashcroft and Lewis Martin/ Danny Devine in the middle.

Tom Beadling played for the reserves today but will most likely still be out the picture for the first team until fully fit.

I genuinely can’t see where the goals are going to come from. We have great depth and should be doing well but we aren’t due to the system. Individually we have great players but they aren’t playing as a team and creating enough chances.

4 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Durnan isn’t a footballer so hopefully it’s a back 4 with Ashcroft and Lewis Martin/ Danny Devine in the middle.

Tom Beadling played for the reserves today but will most likely still be out the picture for the first team until fully fit.

I genuinely can’t see where the goals are going to come from. We have great depth and should be doing well but we aren’t due to the system. Individually we have great players but they aren’t playing as a team and creating enough chances.

They were playing with a back four on Saturday according to Connolly. I don't see how a change of system will suddenly make us a great team tbh. It's a factor but it's not the biggest problem.

At least the Fife/Angus teams hate each other y'know? Even if no one else cares about Morton we've still got the Renfrewshire Derby. I'm sure Dundee fans fans view us with the same indifference we have to them but at least they annoy United. There's about a dozen or so clubs that don't rile anyone up or even register a lukewarm positive response. The "Dumbarton" effect if you will

You've got to take clubs/teams as you find them, though... Once upon a time nobody would have been too bothered about Livingston, but too much has accumulated for me to wish them anything but ill. Same with Fa'kirk: never really had anything against them until a few weeks ago, but you hope that desperate behaviour from a BoD (not to mention the Rat) gets punished hard.

Until St Johnstone or QOTS conduct themselves like utter fannies (and I don't see that happening, tbh), they're OK by me.

This will be the first domestic away fixture I’ll be giving a miss this season. Never been to Cappielow, and given our poor form, now is not the time to rectify that. In the two top leagues, the only other grounds I’ve never been to are Ross County, Partick and St Mirrens new ground.

When I make decisions like this, we usually win.

2 hours ago, Black and White Tragic said:

This will be the first domestic away fixture I’ll be giving a miss this season. Never been to Cappielow, and given our poor form, now is not the time to rectify that. In the two top leagues, the only other grounds I’ve never been to are Ross County, Partick and St Mirrens new ground.

When I make decisions like this, we usually win.

Cheers, Geoff. 

9 hours ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Once upon a time nobody would have been too bothered about Livingston, but too much has accumulated for me to wish them anything but ill. Same with Fa'kirk: never really had anything against them until a few weeks ago, but you hope that desperate behaviour from a BoD (not to mention the Rat) gets punished hard.

Think plenty folk have always been a bit miffed at the whole "franchise" thing with Livvy. As for Falkirk, aye, there's a bit of bite there right now but it's more aimed at Ray than Falkirk. Once he gets bagged in March and Falkirk slither into the seaside leagues the schaudenfraude will last a year or so then they'll just be another club.

20 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

They were playing with a back four on Saturday according to Connolly. I don't see how a change of system will suddenly make us a great team tbh. It's a factor but it's not the biggest problem.

Yes, I'm fully aware we played 4 at the back against Alloa. Not for one second did I suggest it'll make us a great team, but it's better than playing with 3 defenders that are quite slow. 

Archived