Partick v Queens

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Struggling to deal with Thistles inter-passing play,  Giving them too much room in the middle of the park and sitting off players.  Trying to defend too deep andThistle are coming through in numbers.  Their 3rd goal scorer had time to light a cigar before rifling it home.  Still in it though but we'll need to cut it mistakes and take the game to them a bit more. 

Very lethargic throughout today I felt. Thankfully a combination of Thistle only creating their goal chances and our CB's keeping it together prevented us from being more than 1 behind. A more creative side could have been comfortably ahead at half-time. Second half we were comfortably the better side but didn't do enough creatively either. Harkins and Todd played as bad as I've seen them. Jacobs was poor the first half but was better in the second. Dykes looked lethargic as well. Doyle was once again comfortably our best player. Him, Semple and Dobbie probably the only ones getting pass marks for me. I thought Stirling was OK and would have hooked Todd or Harkins before him.

We were due a bad week so I can't be too hard but it was a frustrating afternoon. It was a winnable game so to not get a point is a bit of a bummer. Hopefully we can pull off a shock at Caley.

Special mention to Beaton who gave one of the most hilariously bad decisions I've seen. A free kick to the Thistle player that slipped. And the announcer at the game was very good. Better than the dull guy who was there last time I visited. Letting the young boy read the lineups was a nice thing as well.

4 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

The table really doesn't look great for us now, ahead of a trip to Inverness next week.

This better team than we had last season is 2 points worse off than at the same stage. And the much better defence has conceded 1 goal fewer.

Very lethargic throughout today I felt. Thankfully a combination of Thistle only creating their goal chances and our CB's keeping it together prevented us from being more than 1 behind. A more creative side could have been comfortably ahead at half-time. Second half we were comfortably the better side but didn't do enough creatively either. Harkins and Todd played as bad as I've seen them. Jacobs was poor the first half but was better in the second. Dykes looked lethargic as well. Doyle was once again comfortably our best player. Him, Semple and Dobbie probably the only ones getting pass marks for me. I thought Stirling was OK and would have hooked Todd or Harkins before him.

We were due a bad week so I can't be too hard but it was a frustrating afternoon. It was a winnable game so to not get a point is a bit of a bummer. Hopefully we can pull off a shock at Caley.

Special mention to Beaton who gave one of the most hilariously bad decisions I've seen. A free kick to the Thistle player that slipped. And the announcer at the game was very good. Better than the dull guy who was there last time I visited. Letting the young boy read the lineups was a nice thing as well.

Don’t believe in the fact that we were due a bad week - teams with real belief and desire don’t expect that.

I wish we could find some of Livvy’s hunger and desire to succeed.

Archived