Partick v Queens

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Will be driving up tomorrow if I get the day off. Been a while since I've been to Firhill but if I recall correctly it's in the middle if a built up area. Is it just street parking I'm looking at?

Yes. Im sure Thistle fans will be able to give you better advice but theres a street opposite(ish) the old stand that you can sometimes park on. Other than that we've parked up the hill on a side street

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Will be driving up tomorrow if I get the day off. Been a while since I've been to Firhill but if I recall correctly it's in the middle if a built up area. Is it just street parking I'm looking at?

Loads of parking, should get parked on Garscube road or one of the streets just off it. I sometimes just park down near the Woodside and it's usually dead. 

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I usually park just off Garscube Road, just past the garage on the way back into Glasgow.  Plenty of spaces until close to kick-off, and only a 5-10 minute walk in.  If you're early enough you can probably park on Garscube Road a bit closer.

Raeberry St was easy for parking last time I was there, quick to get back on the motorway too.

As for kit, it's really simple in this case, but overall it should always be the home kit unless it can't be. Unnecessary wearing of away kits should be outlawed!

4 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

3 hours ago, Mr X said:

Yes. Im sure Thistle fans will be able to give you better advice but theres a street opposite(ish) the old stand that you can sometimes park on. Other than that we've parked up the hill on a side street

Maybe not :lol:

We usually park on Northpark street. The time we couldnt, we parked at the top of Firhill Road - the bit where it goes straight on into a side street at the top of the hill. 

Both much closer than the other suggestions so far

1 minute ago, Mr X said:

Yeah I should have added... Raeberry St is a good 5 minute walk away, but I prefer that after before and after being sat in the car for 90 mins 

32 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Maybe not :lol:

We usually park on Northpark street. The time we couldnt, we parked at the top of Firhill Road - the bit where it goes straight on into a side street at the top of the hill. 

They’re closer, yes. You’re also far more likely to get stuck in a logjam leaving the game if you’re anywhere around Firhill Road.

Getting a space on Northpark, you must have got there pretty early.

Just now, Nightmare said:

They’re closer, yes. You’re also far more likely to get stuck in a logjam leaving the game when if you’re anywhere around Firhill Road.

Getting a space on Northpark, you must have got there pretty early.

Yes, we usually get there about 2pm.

I dont remember how we got out of Firhill Road. I think we drove down and turned right onto Northpark, or we might have taken the first right and gone round about back onto the main road out. 

You can tell this fixture has captured the imagination when two thirds of the posts on this thread are about parking! 

Or about what strip are being worn?! - best hope Keown/McGinty are wearing there lucky He-man pants as they are going to need the powers of Greyskull to keep Dobbie at bay...

20 minutes ago, Mustafa_sheet said:

Should be a decent turn out from us queens fans tomorrow. 2 official buses and 2 mini buses running along with our usual healthy central belt crowd.
First time for me being in the Main Stand......is it pay at the gate or do you need to purchase a ticket first?

Pay at the gate.

20 hours ago, Mustafa_sheet said:

What exactly is the problem with using our blue and white kit?! emoji848.png

Who said there was a problem with the blue and white kit?

’Baw’ asked a question. 

What exactly is the problem with asking what kit we will be in ?

5 hours ago, John MacLean said:

You can tell this fixture has captured the imagination when two thirds of the posts on this thread are about parking! 

You gonna park the bus, remember Sir Stephen plays for us? :thumsup2

Our home kit doesn’t clash with our opponent’s in the slightest, whilst our away kit absolutely does. I wouldn’t have thought it was a question that needed asking.

As for the lack of discussion, I think that stems from the fact we know what our starting XI will be so there is very little to discuss.

I’d like to see Frizzell given a longer run out as he has looked dangerous off the bench in the last two games. For that to happen though we’d likely need to have either picked up an injury, or be behind and chasing the game. I’d rather neither of those things happened. He and I will just have to be patient.

Archived