Partick v Queens

If somebody offered me 2 draws from next two games I wouldn’t take it. The potential upside of us actually winning these games back to back or even getting 4 points would be a massive game changer - draws will not be a disaster of course but again it all comes down to ambition. If we have all our key players 100% fit (especially Dobbie) then we should have a good chance.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can make a pretty strong case for all three outcomes in just about every game in this league this season so I don't think we should ever be in a position where we expect to win.  This is certainly a game we should be looking to win though given our form and the troubles our hosts seem to be experiencing.  Inverness away looks like being a far tougher proposition and I would bite your hand off for a draw in that one.

Six points would be fantastic.  Four would be a very good return.  Three or two would still be decent.  Anything less would be disappointing.

2 hours ago, palmy_cammy said:

You can make a pretty strong case for all three outcomes in just about every game in this league this season so I don't think we should ever be in a position where we expect to win.  This is certainly a game we should be looking to win though given our form and the troubles our hosts seem to be experiencing.  Inverness away looks like being a far tougher proposition and I would bite your hand off for a draw in that one.

Six points would be fantastic.  Four would be a very good return.  Three or two would still be decent.  Anything less would be disappointing.

Fancy us for 4 points over the next two games.

I suspect Thistle will manage to scrape a draw, which will buy Archibald another week.

Fed up with the same old post match statements " Dissapointed" "Did not defend set plays" "They seemed more determined" blah, blah,blah . . . . . . . . . . . .

Resign and take Shaggy, Spittal, Erskine, Elliot and Storey with you

I've never understood the big deal about betting against your team.  If anything it holds some advantages over backing other teams.  You should in theory know more about your own team than any others, so if you are betting against them it is likely because you have real reason to.  It can also gives you a bit of a consolation prize when your team does lose, or if your team wins and you lose your bet it softens the blow of losing money because you're happy your team won.

Looking forward to a fine game on Saturday. My first visit to Firhill so looking forward to that.  Settled Queens team will ensure we see exciting football and another clean sheet will be welcome. Wonder what strip we will use, our away one will maybe clash with Thistle.

55 minutes ago, baw heid said:

Looking forward to a fine game on Saturday. My first visit to Firhill so looking forward to that.  Settled Queens team will ensure we see exciting football and another clean sheet will be welcome. Wonder what strip we will use, our away one will maybe clash with Thistle.

We'll be using our usual first choice kit, although the goalkeeper won't be able to wear his yellow kit and will be wearing his black kit.

Archived