Dro$$ Bounty v The League Leaders

8 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Extremely strange starting XI. Not happy to see Mullin on bench.

I’m guessing it’s 352 with Gardyne wide right.  Could be a 442 with Gardyne left and Cowie tucking in from the right , but Watson has only very occasionally been used as a full back so far.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Robbo looks as puzzled as everyone else at what formation we're playing...

20180922_154013.thumb.jpg.1b299b44674904308530cabf79c477c7.jpg

4-4-2 with Cowie on the right? 3-5-2 with Gardyne right wing back? 4-3-3 with Mckay playing wider? Whichever way they line up, somebody is out of position. Which seems to be a recurring theme this season.

4 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

4-4-2 with Cowie on the right? 3-5-2 with Gardyne right wing back? 4-3-3 with Mckay playing wider? Whichever way they line up, somebody is out of position. Which seems to be a recurring theme this season.

Who is out of position if we play 4-4-2? That was my initial formation when I read the line-up.

Agreed though. Coyle or McIntyee would be getting slagged for changing the formation and team each week.

Who is out of position if we play 4-4-2? That was my initial formation when I read the line-up.
Agreed though. Coyle or McIntyee would be getting slagged for changing the formation and team each week.

Cowie isn’t really a right sided midfielder. He’s played there often enough, yes, but it cuts down on half the pitch for his passing.

Those in the home support that didn't stand for the tribute to Alex Main must have been absent during the common decency lessons. Classless.

I'm going to write to David Attenborough and complain about the vending of plastic straws from the kiosk behind the north stand.

Draper isn't really a footballer is he.

Vigurs' assault on Liam Polworth (best player on the park) was as nasty as it was premeditated.

Those in the home support that didn't stand for the tribute to Alex Main must have been absent during the common decency lessons. Classless.
I'm going to write to David Attenborough and complain about the vending of plastic straws from the kiosk behind the north stand.
Draper isn't really a footballer is he.
Vigurs' assault on Liam Polworth (best player on the park) was as nasty as it was premeditated.

You’ve been on the sauce.

Whichever of the 2 co-managers made that decision to start with that line up needs to have their decision making privileges revoked.

No width in the first half with Cowie constantly drifting into the center, I lost track the number of times there was space on the right which was begging to be used but went by as Cowie had drifted into far.  Draper was too slow in the deep role, often facing his own goal when receiving the ball.  Caley pressed well in midfield and should have taken the lead in the 1st half and the start of the second half it looked more the same.

Thankfully County made the most obvious change (obvious cause I called it 10 mins before it happened, and if I can see it then it's blatantly obvious to anyone) and swapped Vigurs for Draper and Mullin came on for Cowie.   We now had someone who was giving width to the right and Vigurs was able to control a lot more of our possession and almost direct our attacks more efficiently.  As a result County finished the game stronger and could have nicked it at the end through Midge or McManus, who both had good chances. 

I've got to say if I were a Caley fan (*shudder at the thought*) I would be disappointed not coming away with all 3 points there.

Also Vigurs > Polworth. 

Archived