Dro$$ Bounty v The League Leaders

13 hours ago, thejailender said:

Despite all the coy messages from Caley fans, they have to be seen a slight favourites for this game.
No team that is 16 (?) games unbeaten in this league can be seen as anything else other than favourites.
However, county have assembled a good squad and vastly improved our defence and midfield from last season, and we’re the home team (if that actually makes a difference given there is no travel for Caley)
Up front we’ve not really found a combination that is proving fruitful and are relying on goals from around the team

Given all that I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a 0-0 draw
A result that probably won’t suit either side.

It’s a big 3 weeks for County though, as following this game we’ve then got Utd and Partick (both away) before the international break
I’d quit happy take 7 points from those games.

Agree with all of this.

For all our squad looks good on paper, we've just been a strong and tidy team so far, I don't think we're playing good attacking football that really tests the better/more organised teams (I reckon a lack of pace in midfield, and McManus' limitations when not given space, are the main factors in this).  We've beaten the bottom 3, but lost to Morton, and drew with QoS who hit the woodwork.
On current form I wouldn't have us as clear favourites against half the teams in this league.

Hoping for everything to click in an utter battering.
But expecting an even match, assuming no red cards or massive brain-farts (those players likely know who they are).

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, staggy4life said:

Oakley out for 2 months with a hamstring tear and Rooney has been training all week according to the P&J.

Oh really? I can't seem to get to anything on the P & J site (most of it has disappeared behind a paywall) and even the Courier seems to be going that way as well.

Swap Rooney back in for McCart and shift Mckay back into the middle and I suspect that will be our team then.

2 hours ago, staggy4life said:

P&J saying Caley have only sold initial allocation of 700 but requested more tickets today. I'd like to think there will be the same amount expecting to pay on the day?

Got my ticket this time last week and was told at the office that the original allocation was pretty much sold out and they had already requested more tickets.

Reckon we will end up with about 1100-1200.

The last time ICT played in Dingwall, a Ross County player scored 4 goals.

The last time Ross County played in Dingwall, a Ross County player scored 4 goals.

Can't think of any clever way to apply this information to a discussion about tomorrow's game, but it's fun information all the same.

Here's an enjoyable video:

Got my ticket this time last week and was told at the office that the original allocation was pretty much sold out and they had already requested more tickets.
Reckon we will end up with about 1100-1200.

How much does that stand hold by the way? Surely more than 700. It’d be nice if our support was big enough to take that smaller stand to the side too.

2 hours ago, staggy4life said:

Oakley out for 2 months with a hamstring tear and Rooney has been training all week according to the P&J.

Courier saying Marcus Fraser and Keith Watson have been training this week and are available.   The team will surely be a 4-5-1 with Draper, Vigurs and Cowie in the middle.

25 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

How much does that stand hold by the way? Surely more than 700. It’d be nice if our support was big enough to take that smaller stand to the side too.

The East Stand Extension or “smaller stand” is being used for home fans - so the club put on twitter last night....

The last time ICT played in Dingwall, a Ross County player scored 4 goals.
The last time Ross County played in Dingwall, a Ross County player scored 4 goals.

Can't think of any clever way to apply this information to a discussion about tomorrow's game, but it's fun information all the same.

Here's an enjoyable video:

That guy had all the makings of a top quality central midfielder. Wonder where he is now?

29 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Are you more of a dream ring or a pineapple tart kind of man? I always judge visiting fans on whether they like rings or tarts as a treat.

Nothing better than a nice creamy ring....

Getting a little nervous now.

Like others have said, on paper we've got a great squad, but on the pitch we've rarely gotten into any form of real menace- the 3-1 win away to Dunfermline was as much of them being sloppy at the back as it was Mullins' wonderstrike and Midge's run and finish. I don't see there being many goals in this. 

29 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Getting a little nervous now.

sloppy at the back as it was Mullins' wonderstrike and Midge's run and finish

^^^

Donald J Morrison (free church of Scotland (continuing)) doesn't like this sort of thing 

Archived