Dro$$ Bounty v The League Leaders

Robbo doesn’t really ‘shit the bed’ with ICT.  And given the difference in resources between the two clubs, a County win on Saturday is hardly him doing so. 

There’s not an ounce of pressure on ICT to win this. The home side, overwhelming favourites to win the league, have some.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Robbo doesn’t really ‘shit the bed’ with ICT.  And given the difference in resources between the two clubs, a County win on Saturday is hardly him doing so. 

There’s not an ounce of pressure on ICT to win this. The home side, overwhelming favourites to win the league, have some.

Yeah I mostly agree with this. As great as it would be to recreate some of the scuddings we've given County in recent seasons in Dingwall the most likely result will be a repeat of the 4 - 0 thrashing they dished out to us in 16/17. Given the depth of their squad compared to our injury troubled scraps from the rich mans table I can't see us getting a win here. I'd be delighted with a draw.

23 minutes ago, RiG said:

Yeah I mostly agree with this. As great as it would be to recreate some of the scuddings we've given County in recent seasons in Dingwall the most likely result will be a repeat of the 4 - 0 thrashing they dished out to us in 16/17. Given the depth of their squad compared to our injury troubled scraps from the rich mans table I can't see us getting a win here. I'd be delighted with a draw.

No chance County score four again.  Inverness gave up on their manager in that game.  The last twenty minutes had Dylan Dykes coming on and taking the piss.  That was the easiest derby game in history.

8 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

No chance County score four again.  Inverness had long given up gave up on their manager in before that game.  The last twenty minutes had Dylan Dykes coming on and taking the piss.  That was the easiest derby game in history.

FTFY

ETA: This is good. 

31 minutes ago, frankthetank22 said:

Far better than any of our Scottish media would bother their are to do anyway.  The guy deserves a lot of credit for that. 

Yup, it's relatively simple as well - wee snippets of some of the cracking goals in games between the two sides to get supporters up for the match. I doubt it'll even register on Sportsounds radar for anything more than a fleeting mention. On the plus side at least that avoids pish like El Kessecko and Cold Firm...

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

I see this one is really capturing the imagination.

Just wait until the weekend. Saturday evening is going to see some serious "Hello down there" patter on Twitter.

Despite all the coy messages from Caley fans, they have to be seen a slight favourites for this game.
No team that is 16 (?) games unbeaten in this league can be seen as anything else other than favourites.
However, county have assembled a good squad and vastly improved our defence and midfield from last season, and we’re the home team (if that actually makes a difference given there is no travel for Caley)
Up front we’ve not really found a combination that is proving fruitful and are relying on goals from around the team

Given all that I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a 0-0 draw
A result that probably won’t suit either side.

It’s a big 3 weeks for County though, as following this game we’ve then got Utd and Partick (both away) before the international break
I’d quit happy take 7 points from those games.

I look forward to Draper meeting a Vigurs corner and burying it in the top corner  :) 

In all seriousness though, massive game for each team. Hope Fraser is back and we play either 4-5-1 or 4-4-2. Mullin and Midge have to start for me. Either formation will see us leave out a player that probably deserves a start such is the way the squad is. Don't think the 3 at the back suited us last week and as well as Draper did, it nullified some of what he is best at.  Gutted that I'm missing it as this is going to be a cracker.

2-0 County pls. 

I don't think there's been any word on our injuries from last weekend so I'm guessing that Rooney and Oakley are out at least. Based on that I'm guessing we'll line up:

Ridgers
Mckay McCart Donaldson Tremarco
Welsh Chalmers
Doran Polworth Walsh
White

White will probably get subbed after an hour for Austin. Chalmers and Welsh up against the likes of Draper and Vigurs?

tenor.gif?itemid=4608668

48 minutes ago, RiG said:

I don't think there's been any word on our injuries from last weekend so I'm guessing that Rooney and Oakley are out at least. Based on that I'm guessing we'll line up:

Ridgers
Welsh Chalmers
Doran Polworth Walsh
White

White will probably get subbed after an hour for Austin. Chalmers and Welsh up against the likes of Draper and Vigurs?

tenor.gif?itemid=4608668

Oakley out for 2 months with a hamstring tear and Rooney has been training all week according to the P&J.

Ridgers
Welsh Chalmers
Doran Polworth Walsh
White

tenor.gif?itemid=4608668&key=0a3392cb6982e01bbd44ef04be65c7f0f9594a15559db513a2561587b3a9ae07

See if you play that gif in slow motion, you can pinpoint the precise moment Oakley tears his hamstring.

Archived