Fall behind vs Csaba talks out of his behind

29 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:
You have a point tbf, I've always been a big fan of the post-match "They were shite - how did they beat us?" discussion.

I think I see what you are saying.... First, we must embrace our own shiteness?

Not really.

Just that I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve left a United game wondering how the utter dross facing us has won.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
2 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:
Not really.
Just that I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve left a United game wondering how the utter dross facing us has won.

Oh ok. I thought you were being more deep and philisophical.

Nope, but I can be.

In the land of the shite, the man with no clue is king.

I note the question and Rays answer re fitness in the post match interview there.

Think Scott Harrison must be who both were talking about. He looked significantly quicker than his plodding effort to chase Dobbie. If he has another 5% mobility to gain he will do a fine job in defence.

Paton was interviewed in the Brockville Lounge after the game. He said the last 3 Tuesdays was the hardest he had ever worked as a professional. Triple sessions - he said they were so hard

Just now, Back Post Misses said:

Paton was interviewed in the Brockville Lounge after the game. He said the last 3 Tuesdays was the hardest he had ever worked as a professional. Triple sessions - he said they were so hard

Good to hear. I hope it's not just running around, I hope there's a massive extra dose of coaching getting thrown in too ;)

Good. McKinnon means it when he says they are working hard then. Theres gains to be had there, specially with Harrison as mentioned. Paton is beyond getting a bit fitter though. He simply does no contribute.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
6 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Good. McKinnon means it when he says they are working hard then. Theres gains to be had there, specially with Harrison as mentioned. Paton is beyond getting a bit fitter though. He simply does no contribute.

Maybe they are giving him hour long piggy in the middle sessions to see if he can be trained to put in a tackle? 

Good to hear. I hope it's not just running around, I hope there's a massive extra dose of coaching getting thrown in too [emoji6]

Now, now you know that’s not going to do any good

I note the question and Rays answer re fitness in the post match interview there.

Think Scott Harrison must be who both were talking about. He looked significantly quicker than his plodding effort to chase Dobbie. If he has another 5% mobility to gain he will do a fine job in defence.
Totally agree. Harrison actually beat someone in a race in the first half. Definitely looks sharper than before

Totally agree. Harrison actually beat someone in a race in the first half. Definitely looks sharper than before
Right at the end of the half we went into a full sprint back with a striker over a fair distance, and got there first to shield the ball out for a GK.

I was genuinely impressed.

Right at the end of the half we went into a full sprint back with a striker over a fair distance, and got there first to shield the ball out for a GK.

I was genuinely impressed.
I commented at the time that he looked quicker than he did against Queens

I think I said after our first game that Harrison would be here long after the rest of our Summer recruits have buggered off. There's a player and a leader in there. 

ETA - wasn't he one of the few or the only one who had actually had some success at his previous club? 

I commented at the time that he looked quicker than he did against Queens
All he needs to do with extra fitness training is reach a level of average mobility for a Championship CH. That was only one run in one game but if Ray has been focusing on it, and thats Harrisons response to it, then tbh, he pretty much is a shoe in to become our second best defender and really not too far off McGhee.

I know that doesnt fit in with the patter about how hes never kicked a football before etc, but given what many spouted about Petra, I am choosing to believe my own eyes from now on. Harrison will turn out a good signing.

23 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

I think I said after our first game that Harrison would be here long after the rest of our Summer recruits have buggered off. There's a player and a leader in there. 

ETA - wasn't he one of the few or the only one who had actually had some success at his previous club? 

He was well thought of byt he fans, he said at the time that he was up here to get a fresh start from personal issues. 

All he needs to do with extra fitness training is reach a level of average mobility for a Championship CH. That was only one run in one game but if Ray has been focusing on it, and thats Harrisons response to it, then tbh, he pretty much is a shoe in to become our second best defender and really not too far off McGhee.

I know that doesnt fit in with the patter about how hes never kicked a football before etc, but given what many spouted about Petra, I am choosing to believe my own eyes from now on. Harrison will turn out a good signing.
Tbh I didn't think he was that bad but he took a lot of stick for getting beat by Dobbie and it's turned into an onslaught from there. Fingers crossed he kicks on

Not sure what the point of saying this is, but I thought it so I am saying it.

If we had Taiwo instead of Paton yesterday, the three points stay at TFS and we are all purring.
Lies just lies. My rebuttal is this, how many Northern Ireland caps does Taiwo have?

Case closed! [emoji23]

Archived