Alloa vs Ayr

57 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

If he looks back on the interview he  might change the script , think he was still a bit upset , good luck you guys , one of the best teams so far even if it was probably our worst display

Ayr played some good football..   we looking back had too many players off the boil. and looked slightly disjointed .

I have a lot of time for Alloa after their contribution to last season’s final day #scenes, but that interview is just a bit strange.

Shankland is enjoying his football and has taken a step-up from last season, saying he’s staying in a “comfort zone” and effectively bemoaning that it’s unfair on Alloa comes across petty.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, pandarilla said:
2 hours ago, eez-eh said:
Goodwin verging on toys out of the pram there.

Almost full on tantrum - "it's not fair they've got shankland and queens have dobbie!!"

That is understandable , as a part time team Alloa are limited , i think we do ok though . we have to try and emulate dumbarton's past success in the championship.

I have a lot of time for Alloa after their contribution to last season’s final day #scenes, but that interview is just a bit strange.
Shankland is enjoying his football and has taken a step-up from last season, saying he’s staying in a “comfort zone” and effectively bemoaning that it’s unfair on Alloa comes across petty.
yeah I would see his point if we had went out and paid a crazy transfer fee to bring him down to the champ, the truth is the lad is rebuilding his career at Ayr and we are enjoying the ride while it lasts.

I thought Goodwin's interview was OK, I'm not wanting to listen to folk firing out cliches left right and centre, nowt wrong with being pissed off after a defeat.

12 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Goodwin has this nippy side to him that just rubs up opposing fans the wrong way. You'd quite like it if you were an Alloa fan though I suppose

Goodwin the player certainly. Not been an issue with Goodwin the manager, he is almost always honest and fair. I don't think McCall endeared himself much to Alloa people last season and perhaps that was a factor here, but the comments from Goodwin are still pretty mild. 

Disappointing result yesterday but after some great efforts over the past few weeks it's natural that there will be days when it doesn't go so well.  Important to bounce back in what is a really big game next week. Would like to see Shields in for Trouten. 

1 hour ago, Waspie said:

Goodwin the player certainly. Not been an issue with Goodwin the manager, he is almost always honest and fair. I don't think McCall endeared himself much to Alloa people last season and perhaps that was a factor here, but the comments from Goodwin are still pretty mild. 

Disappointing result yesterday but after some great efforts over the past few weeks it's natural that there will be days when it doesn't go so well. Really important to bounce back in what is a really big game next week. Would like to see Shields in for Trouten. 

Spill 

19 hours ago, KierenAAFC said:

That was some tough viewing. Our worst outing of the season I think. Zanatta and Trouten don’t work I believe, something needs shaken up attacking wise and I think it involves bringing on Connor Sheilds from the start. The pitch argument was flying in the stands, I don’t think we’ve benefited from it greatly but it’s not the sole cause as other teams score etc.

Take nothing away from Ayr, best team I’ve seen Alloa play this season. Be doing well if they can keep hold of Shankland for the full season but Ayr fans will be aware of that more than anyone.

Zanatta and Trouten worked well against Dundee United, we just never got going as a unit yesterday after a reasonably bright opening. but I do agree the manager will make a change up front for the Falkirk game. 

Credit to Ayr who turned up yesterday and definitely the most impressive team we have played so far. Could easily push for top 4 on that basis. Shanklands first goal was a great finish. Not too concerned, rather than highlighting shortcomings I think we just have to credit the opposition yesterday instead. Hopefully doesnt set us back confidence wise. Waspie is spot on, we are going to experience days like that from time to time over the campaign.

Very impressed by my team for the whole 90 minutes yesterday. Fair to say I was a tad concerned about us after that QotS  result and the way we were dismantled.  But last week showed there's some mettle in this squad because at 0-2 it looked like another bad day on the cards. 45 minutes later plus yesterday's utterly dominant performance was most re-assuring and fills me with confidence that we can do something in the league beyond just consolidating our position. Wednesday will be revelatory  because The Rangers are even better than last season. But so are we - if we can get a good performance from the team (whatever the result) then the season could be a very good one indeed, Shankland staying beyond January notwithstanding     

Archived