Alloa vs Ayr

I’ve not dropped him, just if we were to have a little change of shape I believe Murdoch would fill that role better with Kerr maybe not having the legs now. It’s just a wee suggestion mate don’t take it to heart. [emoji38]
He was tracking back yesterday it was one of my concerns that his legs would go at this level but to be fair to Kerr I don't think he ever had pace to lose. I would be shocked if McCall made more than one
change (barring injurys) and that may be Adams dropping out due to the plastic pitch and Bell or Boring highog coming in.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Yeah I’m with you. Until we’re in a position we’re clear I’ll keep looking over our shoulder. We’ve failed in our last 3 arttempts here so need to keep ourselves up first. 

Think between this and the Morton game we should be looking to take 4 points. With Alloa narrowing the pitch significantly, I wonder if we may go with McGuffie on the right and Crawford on the left, something like the following:

Doohan

Geggan Rose Adams Smith

Murdoch

McGuffie               Crawford

Forrest

Moffat      Shankland

Subs: Hare-Reid, Ferguson, Bell, Kerr, Docherty, McDaid, Moore

Just feel with it being tight Guff and Crawford on the ball would be effective, but I don’t see McCall changing it up that much.

Crawford can move centrally and Forrest on to the left if it’s not working or when we’re under the cosh.

Yeah, no way McCall is going to change it up that much. Kerr struggling on that kind of pitch against QOS by all accounts might see a change, but I don't see any major changes coming unless there's a run of poor form.

The week after with Rangers & Morton will be more interesting to see what he does as I have no doubt he'll put out a full strength team against Rangers, but that leaves less recovery time for the senior players for the Saturday, and I really really don't want to be losing to fucking Morton

That’s a bit of a disservice to Forrest and Crawford, even Murdoch. They all have a major role in how well we attack. To say not playing Kerr would make us less creative is wrong.

It may be debatable but it’s definitely not wrong.

Kerr keeps the ball fantastically well, as well as playing some great cross field passes/through balls.

14 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

It may be debatable but it’s definitely not wrong.

Kerr keeps the ball fantastically well, as well as playing some great cross field passes/through balls.

I believe on a narrow pitch like Alloas, the intricate play and the short and quick 1/2s the likes of Moff, Guff, Crawford and Forrest will benefit us more. I think McCall will know already what he’s doing. Trying to find what Alloas actual new dimensions are, but can’t seem to find them, any Alloa fans know?

I believe on a narrow pitch like Alloas, the intricate play and the short and quick 1/2s the likes of Moff, Guff, Crawford and Forrest will benefit us more. I think McCall will know already what he’s doing. Trying to find what Alloas actual new dimensions are, but can’t seem to find them, any Alloa fans know?

Pretty sure I read it’s went from 69 metres to 60 metres.

IMG_2662.jpg

You can see there where the touch line was and where it is now.

17 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Forgot Trouten is at Alloa. What are the chances he follows in the footsteps of Longridge & Harkins in scoring against his former club.

Quite high if some of our fans insist on giving him abuse pregame like Harkins at QOS. Never understood that thinking. By all means slag players off when we're three goals to the good, but any other time seems daft.

Quite high if some of our fans insist on giving him abuse pregame like Harkins at QOS. Never understood that thinking. By all means slag players off when we're three goals to the good, but any other time seems daft.

100% agree if he’s having a poor game fine but don’t hammer him prematch and motivate him to play well against us. That’s exactly what happened at Dumfries.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Pretty sure I read it’s went from 69 metres to 60 metres.

IMG_2662.jpg

You can see there where the touch line was and where it is now.

Geezo, that's shocking! The linesman might not hear me shouting at him next Saturday.

Every Alloa - Ayr game was a cracker last year.

While this year we've struggled to score the defence has been excellent. Genuinely believe when we get one though we'll be good value for 2 or 3 so on that basis Alloa to win 6-5 and 20 minutes of highlights to make up for the most useless Dunfermline team I've seen in 5 years bore me to death.

Every Alloa - Ayr game was a cracker last year.
While this year we've struggled to score the defence has been excellent. Genuinely believe when we get one though we'll be good value for 2 or 3 so on that basis Alloa to win 6-5 and 20 minutes of highlights to make up for the most useless Dunfermline team I've seen in 5 years bore me to death.

I thought Andy Graham would be miles out of his depth at this level now, glad to hear he’s doing well.

Obviously hope he has a howler on Saturday.

13 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I thought Andy Graham would be miles out of his depth at this level now, glad to hear he’s doing well.

He certainly isn't, Andy is not fast but his reading of the game and his experience more than make up for it 

i was a wee bit worried about Andy in the championship but he is fine  !

Never understood why we actually let him go. He was a stand out when we went up and would’ve been a far better option than Meggat.

Was the one player I was gutted we let leave not just because scored the winning penalty.

Missed  the last two games while on holiday so looking forward to the Super hopefully being Super.

Alloa have had an okay start to the season  with impressive draws away to Inverness and Dunfermline and a decent point at home to the Arabs however they will be wanting to secure their first win of the season asap to drop this ‘The next Brechin City’ tag which has properly unfairly but understandably been attached to them. 

Big Jim Goodwin had McCalls number last season, securing 7/12 points from us. I still wake up in the middle of the night with cold sweats thinking about the infamous 2-1 defeat in the 2nd last game of the season. Had Raith not bottled it the following week then I reckon I’d be receiving full on councilling at this stage. That was the single worst I’ve ever felt leaving a game of football and I include losing to Killie at Hampden and Harry Kane’s last minute equaliser in that. I genuinely thought the league was over for us and it would be another season in the seaside leagues for us. 

I’m not convinced Alloa are any stronger this season than they were last game. They have lost the likes of Callum Crane, Ross Stewart and Jamie McCart who were among their better players and I’m not sure they have replaced them with better quality. Id be disappointed with anything less than three points and with the top two facing each other in a Highland derby it’s a massive chance to move up at least once league position. 

Teamwise id go: 

Doohan

Geggan  Rose Bell  Smith

Forrest  Kerr Murdoch Crawford

Moffat Shankland 

Subs: Hare-Reid, Ferguson, Higgins, Docherty, McGuffie, McDaid, Moore 

The last game against alloa is amongst the worst moments in my time supporting Ayr. Thought it was all gone.
Luckily you lads turned up against Raith too so all was forgiven.
Alloa to give us a good game and hopefully we will scrape a narrow win. Either that, or trouten to run the show in another 5-0 loss.

Archived