Alloa vs Ayr

Surely a wind up :lol:
8 of our starting 11 would blow away in a strong wind...hardly a bunch of cloggers.
Also recall Steven Bell refusing to give Alloa the ball back after they put the ball out for an injury stoppage and chucking a flare into an open street...things happen in the heat of the moment which certainly do not define either team or club.
4 excellent games between the sides last season, hopefully get more of the same tomorrow.

What was wrong with Bell not giving the ball back? Alloa put it out for a throw in so it was an Ayr ball. Who cares if there was an injury, it’s the responsibility of the ref to stop the game not other teams.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

What was wrong with Bell not giving the ball back? Alloa put it out for a throw in so it was an Ayr ball. Who cares if there was an injury, it’s the responsibility of the ref to stop the game not other teams.

If thats your personal universal perception of an unwritten rule- fair enough.

But if you're trying to say no one in the home support would bat an eyelid if Jim Goodwin did something similar at Somerset, thats an different point entirely.

If thats your personal universal perception of an unwritten rule- fair enough.
But if you're trying to say no one in the home support would bat an eyelid if Jim Goodwin did something similar at Somerset, thats an different point entirely.

I’m pretty sure a player at Queens Park did it last season and I wasn’t too bothered. A few around me were though.

For the record though the only time when Goodwin annoyed me was when he was playing against us in the 3-3 draw at Somerset. Was a top class p***k that day but I don’t mind him apart from that.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’m pretty sure a player at Queens Park did it last season and I wasn’t too bothered. A few around me were though.

For the record though the only time when Goodwin annoyed me was when he was playing against us in the 3-3 draw at Somerset. Was a top class p***k that day but I don’t mind him apart from that.

I actually agree with you. I wasnt exactly eye bulging with rage at Bells antics- bit of a dick move though, and no doubt something he wouldn't have done if the game was going differently.

Similarly with Goodwin at Somerset- quite devious panto villain stuff that I found terrific but certainly wouldnt have if it was reversed. 

My original point was Alloa can hardly be labelled cheating cloggers to a man because of a couple of minutes of Jim Goodwins antics, and similarly I wouldnt label Ayr based on a couple of incidents from one individual in one game.

I actually agree with you. I wasnt exactly eye bulging with rage at Bells antics- bit of a dick move though, and no doubt something he wouldn't have done if the game was going differently.
Similarly with Goodwin at Somerset- quite devious panto villain stuff that I found terrific but certainly wouldnt have if it was reversed. 
My original point was Alloa can hardly be labelled cheating cloggers to a man because of a couple of minutes of Jim Goodwins antics, and similarly I wouldnt label Ayr based on a couple of incidents from one individual in one game.

I don’t think Alloa are a bunch of cloggers. In the 4 games last season they weren’t dirty or didn’t really physically match us. Maybe a bit slow at throw ins and goal kicks but when you’re playing away from home against the best team in the league it’s understandable. At least you didn’t start parking the bus after 25 minutes like Falkirk did last week.

As I said I don’t mind Goodwin. Was always honest last season in the post match interviews and didn’t lie down to Raith last season despite having a playoff game a few days after it.

Nit picking I know but I think it was Rose who launched the flare over the roof, not Bell.  I fancy us to win this, 0-2.  Was at both Alloa away games last season (Moore injury time winner one of the coldest ive ever been at a game) and the 3-3 at Somerset which was a cracker. 

When Shankland scored a beauty in 93 mins or whatever to get us a draw that day in his 2nd game for Ayr I mind saying to my old man "he actually looks no bad".  I should be a scout. 

2 minutes ago, Mincer bawz said:

Would say see yous next season but we won’t as yous will be back down to where yous be long

You know you have your team set as Ayr United and not Kilmarnock. 

Nit picking I know but I think it was Rose who launched the flare over the roof, not Bell.  I fancy us to win this, 0-2.  Was at both Alloa away games last season (Moore injury time winner one of the coldest ive ever been at a game) and the 3-3 at Somerset which was a cracker. 
When Shankland scored a beauty in 93 mins or whatever to get us a draw that day in his 2nd game for Ayr I mind saying to my old man "he actually looks no bad".  I should be a scout. 
Was definitely Bell

Archived