Alloa vs Ayr

Hopefully our comeback today will act as a catalyst for another run of good results.

Alloa were a bit of a bogey side last season and everyone knows what happened on our last trip up there. Will be interesting to see how our players cope with the narrowed pitch.

Think we’ll win. 2-0

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
let's exercise the ghost of last season, Goodwinn seamed to have McCalls number last year but we will hopefully have a full strenght squad unlike the last game hard there, hard fought 1-0 victory for Ayr the one and only Shankland with the goal.

I don’t think we played one game vs Alloa last season with a full strength team. The 2-1 win was the closest we got to full strength but I think we got two injuries very early on.

I don’t think we played one game vs Alloa last season with a full strength team. The 2-1 win was the closest we got to full strength but I think we got two injuries very early on.
Yeah the infamous 2nd last game last season we hardly had a defence not taking away from Alloa as they played very well in the first half of the game, if we get any pens just hope Moore is on the bench [emoji85]

Yeah the infamous 2nd last game last season we hardly had a defence not taking away from Alloa as they played very well in the first half of the game, if we get any pens just hope Moore is on the bench [emoji85]

If we get a pen I hope Moore is on to make up for his miss last season.

If Goodwin deploys the same time wasting and ultra defensive tactics he did last season then this has the potential to be a very frustrating afternoon.

7 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

If Goodwin deploys the same time wasting and ultra defensive tactics he did last season then this has the potential to be a very frustrating afternoon.

My only enjoyable moment of the 3-3 game was where Goodwin gave it the dying swan routine limped off and then was jumping up and down to get back on the pitch and ref wouldn't let him on for 2 minutes.

Tbf though Alloa didn't timewaste as much in the other 3 games and are a much better team without it.

I actually think the narrow pitch will suit us as we like to play through the middle. Crawford always cuts in from the left anyway so we rarely use the left wing unless Smith bombs forward or McDaid is on. 

I think we will just shade it. 2-1.

9 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Wrong thread m8

Cracking highlights tho

Oops! Now fixed.

9 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Hey, noticed you had quite the gang over with you today.  Was there like 6 cameras up there? 

4 in total. 2 from Falkirk (1 for Falkirk TV, with commentators and 1 for their analysis). AUmedia now have a camera for their own stream (which is a whole other topic!)

Prepare to watch 30 minutes of Alloa taking slow throw ins and rolling about.
Brilliantly organised side but they know how to shut down a game. Not sure why as they have some good players on the ball especially Flannigan.

This is very bitter lol.

Zanatta took a few unnecessary tumbles in the first half but apart from that, think it was pretty warranted. Stuff like that works both ways as it did yesterday with you lot too [emoji106]

8 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Since Ross County play Inverness next week a win for us would put us second and a draw in the other game would put us back on top.

Can’t let an opportunity like that slip.

I love your optimism.

My brain tends to go the other way - a win and it means we are 10 points clear of Alloa and Falkirk (assuming they win). That's a nice cushion over 9th & 10th after 6 games.

58 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I love your optimism.

My brain tends to go the other way - a win and it means we are 10 points clear of Alloa and Falkirk (assuming they win). That's a nice cushion over 9th & 10th after 6 games.

Yeah I’m with you. Until we’re in a position we’re clear I’ll keep looking over our shoulder. We’ve failed in our last 3 arttempts here so need to keep ourselves up first. 

Think between this and the Morton game we should be looking to take 4 points. With Alloa narrowing the pitch significantly, I wonder if we may go with McGuffie on the right and Crawford on the left, something like the following:

Doohan

Geggan Rose Adams Smith

Murdoch

McGuffie               Crawford

Forrest

Moffat      Shankland

Subs: Hare-Reid, Ferguson, Bell, Kerr, Docherty, McDaid, Moore

Just feel with it being tight Guff and Crawford on the ball would be effective, but I don’t see McCall changing it up that much.

Crawford can move centrally and Forrest on to the left if it’s not working or when we’re under the cosh.

6 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Yeah I’m with you. Until we’re in a position we’re clear I’ll keep looking over our shoulder. We’ve failed in our last 3 arttempts here so need to keep ourselves up first. 

Think between this and the Morton game we should be looking to take 4 points. With Alloa narrowing the pitch significantly, I wonder if we may go with McGuffie on the right and Crawford on the left, something like the following:

Doohan

Geggan Rose Adams Smith

Murdoch

McGuffie               Crawford

Forrest

Moffat      Shankland

Subs: Hare-Reid, Ferguson, Bell, Kerr, Docherty, McDaid, Moore

Just feel with it being tight Guff and Crawford on the ball would be effective, but I don’t see McCall changing it up that much.

Crawford can move centrally and Forrest on to the left if it’s not working or when we’re under the cosh.

You dropped Kerr?  Seriously?

2 minutes ago, Mgc1910 said:

You dropped Kerr?  Seriously?

I’ve not dropped him, just if we were to have a little change of shape I believe Murdoch would fill that role better with Kerr maybe not having the legs now. It’s just a wee suggestion mate don’t take it to heart. :lol:

2 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Kerr runs our midfield without him we are less creative

That’s a bit of a disservice to Forrest and Crawford, even Murdoch. They all have a major role in how well we attack. To say not playing Kerr would make us less creative is wrong.

Archived