Heart of Midlothian v Livingston - 22nd September 2018

9 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Awful patter, that small town shtick doesnt work from people that live in such metropolises as Stirling and Perth. 

Actually the plural of metropolis is metropoles based on the Latin source; if you choose the Greek derivative then its plural is metropoleis.

I believe metropolises is the American b*****disation.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

You scored a 93rd minute consolation and were 2 down after 25 minutes.  I too hope for a similar performance if that's what you're classing   as battling.

Believe me, having to play with Kenny Miller's tactics and team selection keeping it down to 3-1 was a battling performance. Once Miller subbed himself off was when we actually played some attacking football and got our goal.

Dodgy refereeing gave them a pen and refused us a much more blatant one too, but thems the breaks playing at Parkheid. 

So, it seems like livi fans think they are very tough to beat & there is decent testimony indicating this quitegood.png&key=08ae7ef7e2153d5e1fd541

With them being in the championship for years, they don't seem to be getting with the programme

it's good to lose to Heart of Midlothian, but not to ra sellick, so just lie back & think of Scotland

PossibleSevereFoal-small.gif

On ‎17‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 11:18, Whitburn Vale said:

Last time we were thru in the so called capital for a league cup tie the livi fans were magnificent.

Expect more of the same on saturday.

As for the game,will be a tough ask but you never know.

It isn't a "so called capital" it IS THE CAPITAL city and home to the current league leaders.

Just now, LIVIFOREVER said:

Wonder if Sibbald will be back for this game, strong competition for places in midfield but his guile and eye for a pass gives him that bit extra to get a place. hopefully he at least gets a sub appearance so he's ready for the Sevco game.

Notice he wasn't even on the bench in our reserves 9-nil victory mid week so I would guess he's not ready yet.

5 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Notice he wasn't even on the bench in our reserves 9-nil victory mid week so I would guess he's not ready yet.

Read Holt saying both him and Hardie were back training last week and in contention for the Accies game, but yeah, he didn't make the bench in that game so dunno what's happening with him now. Really stood out in the Betfred games and will be a big player for us in the league when he comes back from injury.

Tough choice for Holt choosing the midfield 5, Pittman and Byrne are always going to start so that only leaves 3 places, Lawless and Lamie are playing as wingbacks too so that just leaves 1 place. Once Hardie is fully fit Robinson will prob drop back into midfield as well, so some amount of competition for that final place. 

38 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Read Holt saying both him and Hardie were back training last week and in contention for the Accies game, but yeah, he didn't make the bench in that game so dunno what's happening with him now. Really stood out in the Betfred games and will be a big player for us in the league when he comes back from injury.

Tough choice for Holt choosing the midfield 5, Pittman and Byrne are always going to start so that only leaves 3 places, Lawless and Lamie are playing as wingbacks too so that just leaves 1 place. Once Hardie is fully fit Robinson will prob drop back into midfield as well, so some amount of competition for that final place. 

Of course Kaja also needs to be included in the mix; he's really shown the capability to put tiring defences under stress during the last quarter of the game. Not sure why but I don't really thing Keaghan will be suitable for this game; he did well against Hibs for 90 minutes but I just feel the Hearts midfield it a world apart from the cabbage and mistakes could be punished severely.

Nicky Cadden may come on again at some point although I'm not particularly comfortable with this; he's another one who has been experiencing more than if fair share of slip-ups.

Levein saying Clare won't be involved as he's a bit behind fitness wise, shame as I was looking forward to seeing him at some point.  Reckon we'll be along the lines of:

Zlamal

Smith Soutar Dunne Garuccio

Djoum Haring Lee

Naismith                          Mitchell

Uche

Wouldn't be surprised to see Djoum drop out that and MacLean or Morrison in.  Leaves us a bit unbalanced on the right, but this is effectively how we lined up against St Mirren with Naismith on the right and drifting in, tucking in behind Uche.

Archived