Heart of Midlothian v Livingston - 22nd September 2018

23 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Last time we were thru in the so called capital for a league cup tie the livi fans were magnificent.

Expect more of the same on saturday.

As for the game,will be a tough ask but you never know.

If by magnificent you mean bolstered by Marc McNulty's Hibs mates singing all night about paedophiles, then you're bang on the cash.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Expecting a stern test from Livi. Started well. Hopefully we can score early and have a comfortable afternoon but the longer it stays 0-0 the more confidence they’ll have.
Still though, the first of 3 home games which will hopefully return 3 wins.

Actually love Hearts being top of the league mainly because of the frothing at the mouth by particularly the OF contingent - cant imagine the seething that would be going on if against all odds they were still there at the split.

That being said I'd love us to get something from this game. Hearts play an open expansive brand of football so should make for a good game. Defensively we're very strong but the front line could struggle with Hardie only just returning from his operation and Lee Miller out for another four months.

Realistically I'm not really expecting anything from the next two games so even a point is a bonus. Would be brilliant if we were underestimated again (aka Neil Lennon) but cant see that happening to be honest.

2 hours ago, Elixir said:

Except our record at home is that good, and when your rabble step out at Tynecastle Park with nearly 20,000 Hertz fans right on top of them in every corner of the ground and only about 100 of your wee diddies, reality will hit.

You seem to be talking the Old Firm up a fair bit, though. Still, coming from West Lothian, are Celtic or Rangers your big team?

Aye, when we were having an indifferent season and you were spending silly money on folk from the continent, not peanuts on utter shite like Scott Robinson. :lol:

Don't call me that.

Robinson to score now.

Might've not been up to much for Hearts but he's been superb at Livi, scored a well taken goal against Celtic in our league opener too. Keep those type of posts coming though, you better pray Hearts win.:lol:

2 hours ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Last time we were thru in the so called capital for a league cup tie the livi fans were magnificent.

It's the actual capital you provincial scamp.

2 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Robinson to score now.

Might've not been up to much for Hearts but he's been superb at Livi, scored a well taken goal against Celtic in our league opener too. Keep those type of posts coming though, you better pray Hearts win.:lol:

You lost that match 3-1, wtf did his goal count for? 

6 hours ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Capital of what??

Edinburgh overwhelmingly voted no to being anything other than a provincial centre.

London is the capital city last time i checked??

From Whitburn ✔️

Brings up the no vote✔️

Big team Rangers✔️

20 hours ago, Navallion said:

You lost that match 3-1, wtf did his goal count for? 

The result doesn't detract from how well he took his goal, which is what I was giving as an example of how good he has been for us, he scored a good few goals last season in games we won and has done well in the games we've won this season too.

9 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

The result doesn't detract from how well he took his goal, which is what I was giving as an example of how good he has been for us, he scored a good few goals last season in games we won and has done well in the games we've won this season too.

Wee robbo has been outstanding i.m.o

Along with the vast majority of this current Livi side.

Hearts are favorites and deservedly so but like the game at Parkhead,looking forward to a similar battling perfomance and a visit to one of Scotlands larger grounds.

34 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Wee robbo has been outstanding i.m.o

Along with the vast majority of this current Livi side.

Hearts are favorites and deservedly so but like the game at Parkhead,looking forward to a similar battling perfomance and a visit to one of Scotlands larger grounds.

You scored a 93rd minute consolation and were 2 down after 25 minutes.  I too hope for a similar performance if that's what you're classing as battling.

5 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

You scored a 93rd minute consolation and were 2 down after 25 minutes.  I too hope for a similar performance if that's what you're classing as battling.

Least-ways we won't have to put up with Kenny Millers strange team selection and playing style. Whatever happens on Saturday we'll be fielding the best available squad instead of who fits Kenny Millers playing aspirations.

If we put the best team out and they put in the same level of effort as they've put in for other games then I, for one, won't be complaining (well maybe about the ref but that's a given).

On 17/09/2018 at 11:18, Whitburn Vale said:

Awful patter, that small town shtick doesnt work from people that live in such metropolises as Stirling and Perth. 

Archived