Heart of Midlothian v Livingston - 22nd September 2018

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Terrific performance from the players again, worked their socks off and  were like demons closing Hearts players down and putting in tackles, they made Hearts play a lot of slack passes, putting it out of play etc. All down to our pressing play.

Would've been gutting if that penalty went in, great save by Kelly getting across to his right to save it, was low and hard to the post, some save. Thought we were the better team first half, first 8 mins was all Livi, which is some effort in front of a packed stadium, we weren't intimidated at all, our fans were also out singing the Jambos, good away support from Livi.

2nd half we weren't as good but still well worth our draw, we sat back more and just waited for the opening to pick them off and break up the pitch, which was when we almost scored with Menga breaking and picking out Pittman. Menga ran his arse off, still could do with a bit more composure but he is strong on the ball and never stops running, which gives us an out ball.

Bit of a bummer not having Hardie back for this game but what a result when our 2 best strikers are out and we're on 11 points without having our strongest eleven available. Bring on the currant buns next week.

Livi turning up and doing what they have been for over 2 seasons now. Preventing teams from playing how they want and reducing them to playing average football.

Same old shit patter in that said teams "had a Bad game", "didnt turn up this time" yada yada yada

Hearts season is now over, livi are staying up.

Least we will both be in Europe come next season.

EH soon to become LV

Livi did to Hearts what Hearts did to Celtic. Got in their faces and broke up play.

Pleasing that we got the draw in spite of poor refereeing.

Interesting that so many teams have a poor game when they play Livi. We must be the luckiest teams in the league. :rolleyes:

Livi did to Hearts what Hearts did to Celtic. Got in their faces and broke up play.
Interesting that so many teams have a poor game when they play Livi. We must be the luckiest teams in the league. :rolleyes:
I can see why people think teams have an off day when playing us. The way we play forces them into mistakes and makes them have an off day.

Byrne Pittman and Jacobs are crucial to how we play , especially the first 2 names I mentioned they are the engine room to our team. Be lucky to hold onto Byrne Pittman and Halkett much longer I think. Our back 3 are so strong and solid , they don’t give player a sniff. Deserved the point 

13 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:
26 minutes ago, orco said:

I can see why people think teams have an off day when playing us. The way we play forces them into mistakes and makes them have an off day.

Yep, Hearts would destroy us if we stood off them and let them play football, under Kenny Miller we'd have done just that but Holt winning 3 and drawing 1 isn't a coincidence, he's listened to Martindale and allowed us to play the way we're most effective. May not be pretty but it sure as f**k works for us.

All this rubbish about playing football the right way, what a lot of nonsense, what is “playing football the right way” ? 

If we turned up today and tried to play an expansive style, passing it out from the back we 100% would not have got a positive result. 

Im am very content with how we play, infact I’m absolutely loving watching us fight for everything, and get the ball forward quickly, I’d much rather see that than pass the ball sode ways and take 20 passes to get over the half way line, we are good at what we do, it has got us from league 1 to 3rd in the premiership in a couple of years. 

For a 0-0 that was a decent game.

So massive credit has to go to Kelly, Lithgow, Halkett, Gallagher, Byrne, Lamie, Pittman, Jacobs, Robinson, Menga. Lawless wasn’t bad either.

Today, I think the pressing game worked as well as I’ve seen it. There was a sexy af moment around about 80 minutes where Pittman went in for a 50:50, and the ball spun away to a hearts player. So Byrne went in for. 50:50, and the call spun away to a hearts player. So Jacobs went in for a 50:50, and the ball went out for a throw in. The passion is immense.

Callum Carson summed it up pretty well tonight - there’s not a team in the country that will outwork Livi, and it’s been that way for 3 years. We’ve had one of the smallest budgets in the league for the last 2 years, even in league 1 we didn’t have the biggest.

Penalty was soft as f**k, near side linesman was actually insane with the amount of offsides he gave, and despite the fact that Hearts hit the bar twice we were good value for our point. Totally toothless once Menga went off though, we need Hardie back soon, shame BSLM is out for so long.

Got a few injuries though, when Sibbald comes back does he replace Keaghan? And what’s our first choice centre forward pairing? Would Menga be better on the wing?

IM EXCITED FOR THE FUTURE BOYS #ChampionsLeague

2 hours ago, orco said:

It wasn't poor refereeing, it was blatant cheating. Hearts have been on the best side of "poor referring" for 6 games in a row and I don't see that changing in the next game, or any other game after that.

Archived