Stranraer v Stenny

Another solid win today in a game which could hardly be called a thing of beauty.

Dreadful first half saw us edge ahead, perhaps fortunately in terms of how the game had been going. A good, well-worked effort finished nicely by KT from a lovely ball sent over by Donnelly.

Stenny really forced the pace after the break, but the game swung decisively in our favour with the introduction of young Innes Cameron. The Killie boy looked hungry for a goal and did well to grab his first within his first 10 minutes. Also turned provider for Diver late in the game, but he was denied, as was Ando. Debut also for Daniel Higgins late on.

Decent three points for us. Awful referee - hope we don’t see much more of him.

Are'nt all the referees rotten in this division? We had Kevin Graham today : who was yours? Interesting League in points gap from us in 3rd on 9 and Montrose last with 6! ( 3 against us) . Should we be playing Robertson at CB or RB?

We were unlucky to have a guy called Craig Napier today - looked like a wee boy and was conned continually. TBF you’re right - I’d struggle to find a good one!

Not sure how the referee was worthy of comment yesterday.

It was an awful game where nothing happened. First half in particular, where the goal was such a surprise as it looked as if both teams could have played all day without scoring. As it was once we went one down there was only going to be one winner.

As for that 2nd goal. Appalling defending from Reid. It was like watching how a primary school defends when the opposition bring on the big guy up front.

And not for the first time Bomber has been caught out with his “never change a winning team” mantra. Play your best team. Paton to start next week, and Reid to be dropped, albeit I’ve no idea who would replace him.

Oh, and McGuigan. You don’t know what you’re missing until he isn’t there.

21 hours ago, Clayhole Blue said:

We were unlucky to have a guy called Craig Napier today - looked like a wee boy and was conned continually. TBF you’re right - I’d struggle to find a good one!

Vaguely remember him but if I can put up with Matt Northcroft then I should just blame my team when they lose ( A bit like our manager) . I wonder if Robbo has enough attacking threat in the mixed up system we use. I thought he looked really good at CB with you last season but I still like his contribution. Our problem is I think  Page is being played when he looks poor. Long trip to Stranraer but always like it , despite recent results.

On 16/09/2018 at 15:12, beaver1 said:

As for that 2nd goal. Appalling defending from Reid. It was like watching how a primary school defends when the opposition bring on the big guy up front.

And not for the first time Bomber has been caught out with his “never change a winning team” mantra. Play your best team. Paton to start next week, and Reid to be dropped, albeit I’ve no idea who would replace him.

Too much loyalty shown by Bomber over the previus seasons. A couple of individuals needed to be dropped but he would not do it until it was almost too late. Always play your strongest team.  Paton must start and if Ferry is getting back to match fitness that drops two currently in midfield.   Agree about Reid,  he has been a bomb scare all season often getting caught out and is our weak link in defence.  As you say who is the replacement - Kyle Johnson or Conor McBrearty or bring in someone on loan?  He will take the easy option and keep Reid in the team.

Archived