All of the #indy #yes marches and events and rallies and all that

Jambo99

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
7 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:
They don't though. They're the one's that sit there and mumble "rule britannia" under their breath, but will openly complain online about how racist they think Flower of Scotland is to anybody who will pay any attention to them.

You've never been to Murrayfield have you.

I have. But they probably haven't.

In fairness we were quite a good team when most of this lot played.

I would suggest their nawbag status is more down to their demographic.

Older middle aged, wealthy, mostly public school brainwa...educated,

professional or landowning family background.....

yeh, no much chance of an independence vote amongst that lot.

I am sure there will be Scottish rugby internationals past and present who  do support independence though.

Those nutters will soon be a hell of a lot higher in numbers after it's too late to actually do anything.

There are plenty of nutters and Sooners and dress up merchants involved in these marches but they are pretty remarkable. The Inverness march in particular shocked me, thousands of people on a political march in Inverness is unorecendented. I can’t think of anything like it in my lifetime (I’m 37).

1 minute ago, ICTChris said:

There are plenty of nutters and Sooners and dress up merchants involved in these marches but they are pretty remarkable. The Inverness march in particular shocked me, thousands of people on a political march in Inverness is unorecendented. I can’t think of anything like it in my lifetime (I’m 37).

This bammy lot give me a sense of hope. I'm even considering attending the Edinburgh march (I wouldn't usually bother), over attending the Hibs game.

Just now, Jambo: First Blood said:

Rugby is brilliant but the Tories are rubbish. Please rescind these remarks.

Yet, you'll continue to back the party who backed the tories in the Scottish referendum, backed the tories in the EU referendum and continue to sit on their hands when the tories are pushing through their partisan policies.

7 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

Yet, you'll continue to back the party who backed the tories in the Scottish referendum, backed the tories in the EU referendum and continue to sit on their hands when the tories are pushing through their partisan policies.

??? I wouldn't vote for Labour in their current state. I already said I'll support the SNP as their is no other party that can win any serious number of seats that has a credible position on Brexit.

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

I'd say that nationalism and belief in independence are separate.  There are plenty of people who voted No who happily wave Scottish flags etc and those who voted Yes who'd never go to a rally or wave a flag.

Definitely.  I voted Yes (and would again) because my personal view is that it'd be better than what we have now.  Am I proud to be Scottish?  Not particularly and these flag waving kilted marching supernats make my skin crawl.

Definitely.  I voted Yes (and would again) because my personal view is that it'd be better than what we have now.  Am I proud to be Scottish?  No.  Would I wave a saltire?  Never.

For those who don’t know Highland Capital, this is an in joke. He attends every Caley home game dressed as a Jacobite.

Archived