All of the #indy #yes marches and events and rallies and all that

Jambo99

3 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Fantastic turnout today with so far an estimated over 100.000 attending.

Slight downside was the late start due to the many coming into the Royal Mile from side streets, we were at the top of Johnstone Terrace but didn't get underway until around 1340, worth it though as a great atmosphere with all the singing and chants, again we were ambushed by the 20 or so Unionists halfway down the Mile who were intimidating us to retaliate to their mindless hysterics so that the press behind them would get the shots to embarrass our efforts, but again they were denied with smiles etc on our side which only served to further infuriate them.

Mind you I have nothing against them as like us they are entitled to their views as we are, pity there was only twenty of them to make their pitch outnumbered by our over 100,000. As we passed them I asked the chap next to me why if the unionists are so passionate in their mission why they don't have marches like AUOB, but they have he replied, they take place in Glasgow and the all wear orange sashes, sounds a wee bit odd though.

Stirring sight when we reached Holyrood Park with all the flags all up the hillsides and even on top of Arthur's Seat. 

What songs do you sing?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, orfc said:

20,000 tops you waffler, as stated by the police and council

Have a look for pictures of a packed wembley or even the great north run to see what crowds of 50,000 actually look like

When Wembley is packed, it holds 90,000. Fool.

30 minutes ago, The new Kia Ceed said:

Image may contain: text

Thats an interesting poll.....are 16-17 year olds included? If not, that would probably mean indy at >50

Obviously its impossible to tell from one poll, but it could be an early indicator of the expected rise in indy support. 

Increasing Brexit concerns and the gradual demographic change may be starting to cause the anticipated shift.

Archived