All of the #indy #yes marches and events and rallies and all that

Jambo99

Watching one of the at least two Scottish Indy groups doing yet another thing. (Hope over Fear. This Time It's Yes Rally)

Lots of shouting, lots of wish fulfilment, lots of fake news, lots of amateur/semi-pro music.

This one was in George Square, aka Freedom Square. And was a Tommy Sheridan one. 

Tommy semi-screamed how he thought Braveheart movie was good. and he researched it, and its totally legit, even though it isn't. 

What are your experiences of the many and varied pro-indy events?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Watching one of the at least two Scottish Indy groups doing yet another thing. (Hope over Fear. This Time It's Yes Rally)
Lots of shouting, lots of wish fulfilment, lots of fake news, lots of amateur/semi-pro music.
This one was in George Square, aka Freedom Square. And was a Tommy Sheridan one. 
Tommy semi-screamed how he thought Braveheart movie was good. and he researched it, and its totally legit, even though it isn't. 

This indie group were definitely worth going to see. The Ronains, appearing in Paisley Friday Oct 5th.

On ‎15‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 17:35, Jambo99 said:

I was there and it was a great day out. Funnily enough Tommy Sheridan didn't say what you mentioned. Strange that..  

14 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Sheridan is a fanny, but having been exposed to both indy events and orange walks I know what crowd i’d rather be amongst.

Why does it have to be one or the other? If it's a choice between Orange walks and Sheridan rallies I'll happily say get lost to both.

7 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Couldn't give a flying f**k about these rallys tbh. Still voting Yes though...

Ditto this. The "Still voting Yes" part though...another referendum ain't happening, and if it does any time soon, it'll still be a resounding No, unfortunately. 

2 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
16 minutes ago, DAFC. said:
Ditto this. The "Still voting Yes" part though...another referendum ain't happening, and if it does any time soon, it'll still be a resounding No, unfortunately. 

Why would you be a No?

I meant the result, not me. I will always be Yes. 

I agree with most of what you are saying but perhaps the support isn’t quite as big as you think? Like last time it was a very vocal minority that were heard above everyone else and their militancy and attacks on moderate in between voters, or anyone arguing an opposing view, just put people off.

The scaremongering form some sections of the media was disgraceful also. You can see this happening now with brexit.

There needs to be less tubthumping and more reasoned arguments on tv and radio from some of the more talented snp politicians. If the case is there then come out and make it, I think voters have had enough turmoil recently though and nothing will happen for at least a decade. 

There was one in Dunfermline a few weeks back and I couldn't help but think that they do more harm than good tbh. 

I missed the march/event itself as I was at the football but up the town afterwards those that had evidently been at the march looked, and dressed like absolute weirdos, there's absolutely no danger anyone on the fence would look at them and think "I want to be with that guy/girl", pictures later on social media showed the music bit to look absolutely shite tbh. 

I'm a resounding yes voter but I've got no incantation to get involved in any of the marches. 

The rallies are a positive step towards independence. Friendly. good humoured and peaceful they exude confidence and belief that we are more than capable of running our own affairs as an independent nation.   Drewdon above states that "most voters take no notice of these rallies". Really ?  For his "most voters" I would substitute our current MSM where the BBC, ITV,  Sky,  Sun, Mirror, Record, Herald, Scotsman, etc,etc ignore or rarely mention  any rally favouring independence and go out of their way to deny  any kind of a platform for fair and balanced coverage of these events. This in turn gives the people here  the impression that these are tiny minority groups who never feature on the daily fake-stream news, controlled and manipulated by their unionist masters in London.    All of this to endorse the perception that Scotland is too wee, too poor, too stupid etc. to control its own destiny.

Archived