Talbot vs The Buffs today

TFW

Wonder how this one will pan out? For all the money they've splashed about putting a decent squad together Kilwinning haven't exactly set the heather alight with their start to the season. We've already beaten them in the new League Cup thingerby and their gamesmanship that night was questionable to say the least - players falling to the ground as if being shot by a sniper upon the merest hint of contact, and squealing like a pig at the same time to make sure the referee was aware of their misfortune. It worked as well with their number 7, the worst culprit, getting three players booked by his antics.

Talbot now have 8 wins on the bounce in all competitions, and although two of those have been in the Scottish Cup against weak teams we've seen off Pollok, Beith, Kilwinning and Clydebank during that run as well. Bar the opening League Cup game when we had an experimental side out for the first game of the season we have only conceded 5 goals in 12 games as well. They say defences, not attacks, win titles but I would like to see Talbot a bit more deadly with their finishing as we're creating the chances but not putting the majority of them away. Am sure any forward line that has Jamie Glasgow, Graham Wilson and Mark Shankland firing on all cylinders will soon be doing so though.

Don't see it being an easy game, for either team, but hope it's remembered for the football played and not gamesmanship. Talbot for a narrow win for me.

16 minutes ago, quietmaybe said:

listened to the bile sent from some  but not all of the home fans  when a kilwinning player was hurt . i.e squeall..........they know who they are ..... cheers and god bless

Wasn't there but guessing that nobody knew the extent of the injury. Hope the guy recovers fully sounds like he's not been having the best of luck this season. 

A good game today,Talbot could have been 3up at the break,however Kilwinning  looked dangerous on the counter,infact after equalising for 10-15 mins kind of gave Talbot a chasing as they were moving the ball so quick the bot were struggling to cope,but up pops Gee with a killer goal then a header from Hyslop seals the 3 points.So sorry about Wardropes injury,nobody saw what happened where we were standing,but the guy was clearly in a lot of  pain,lets hope its not a break and hes back soon,a good player who i think got buffs goal which incidentely was some strike.

A good game today,Talbot could have been 3up at the break,however Kilwinning  looked dangerous on the counter,infact after equalising for 10-15 mins kind of gave Talbot a chasing as they were moving the ball so quick the bot were struggling to cope,but up pops Gee with a killer goal then a header from Hyslop seals the 3 points.So sorry about Wardropes injury,nobody saw what happened where we were standing,but the guy was clearly in a lot of  pain,lets hope its not a break and hes back soon,a good player who i think got buffs goal which incidentely was some strike.

Really good advert 4 junior fitba,game was end 2 end.After we equalised I fancied us 2 go on and win as u say we controlled game,but then our Keeper has a rush o blood,which he has been prone 2 of late.Young Wardrope went over on ankle,not sure if ligaments or break,shame as he changed the game n scored a lovely goal.

Too many errors this season, Talbot are the benchmark, think everyone on P And B would agree, Chris Strain said last season Buffs were not good enough at defending set pieces in both boxes and it has still not being corrected. Jamie Whyte is not good enough, Graham Wilson bullied him from start to finish and can anyone tell me when was the last time Kilwinning scored from a set piece. Played well today but again individual errors have killed us. Best wishes to young Wardrope, what a goal he scored.

In big Whyte and the other defenders defence,our problem was coming from midfield runners not getting picked up.sorted that out n got grip of midfield.u can't legislate 4 the really bad individual mistakes.nxt 3 games massive 4 our season.

11 minutes ago, buffy1899 said:

In big Whyte and the other defenders defence,our problem was coming from midfield runners not getting picked up.sorted that out n got grip of midfield.u can't legislate 4 the really bad individual mistakes.nxt 3 games massive 4 our season.

I realise you can’t legislate for individual errors but I have watched Whyte a lot over the past couple of seasons and he is clearly not good enough. I have never actually heard him speak on the pitch which is incredible for a junior centre half. Talbots team do not shut up on the pitch, they moan and fight for everything and that’s why they win so much. Buffs are not far away from being a top junior side but we desperately need a dominat centre half to play beside Pettigrew.

I realise you can’t legislate for individual errors but I have watched Whyte a lot over the past couple of seasons and he is clearly not good enough. I have never actually heard him speak on the pitch which is incredible for a junior centre half. Talbots team do not shut up on the pitch, they moan and fight for everything and that’s why they win so much. Buffs are not far away from being a top junior side but we desperately need a dominat centre half to play beside Pettigrew.

I do get what your saying,n I agree he does need 2 b more vocal and harder,but think there's a decent player in there.maybe a bit early 4 him.id have Tommy maitland in beside Pettigrew,but I feel left back n centre mid r problem as well.we r not far away though.

Strange team selection and shape which clearly never worked first half. Once Boylan went up top with Wardrope just behind it added the energy, workrate and a bit of class which was sadly missing in first half. Buffs were on top for a while in second half but the usual soft goals cost them dearly.

Buffs were poor first half. Surrendered midfield with the formation we used.

Second half Wardrope provided a better shape and got a good goal. When on top and looking likely, we gifted a goal and that was that.

Pollok up next and then a season defining Scottish tie against Beith.

We aren't too far away, but our lack of strength in depth will cost us.

Hope the young lad recovers from his injury in good time. He looked a quality player and scored an absolute belter of a goal. Didn't hear anything untoward him from where I was stood inbetween the clubhouse and the stand, and he got a long ovation from the moment he was lifted up on the stretcher to the clubhouse.

Things like that all put football into some kind of perspective though and make the in jury rather than the game the moot talking point. 

That apart I thought the clubs were fairly evenly matched today. Talbot could have been more than one up at half time and only the woodwork stopped an absolute belter from Gordon Pope. I thought Craig Pettigrew let himself down by having a pop at Pope as the first half drew to a close. Gordon was booked for the foul but there was nothing malicious there, and that should have been that but for Pettigrew's OTT reaction to an old team mate. Glad to see a decent game played by both clubs at a high tempo. Good advert for the Junior game.

12 hours ago, catakoom said:

Is there any update on Michael

Hospital reckon it is ligament damage, pretty swollen so has a moon boot on just now and to go back on Wednesday. Big thanks to all again who were there on hand to assist especially the big fella Jamie from the Talbot who done a grand job. Only thing that disappointed me was the carry on with the ambulance not being phoned till after game had finished.

The boy nisbett told the talbot committee that wardropes dad had phoned an ambulance, it wasnt  until after the game when his dad said he hadnt, it could of been all sorted out a lot quicker if there was more info coming from the ref and those on the park

Archived