Stories from the Courts

10 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Back in the days before political correctness, you used to get executed for stealing something worth more than 12p. Bring back the Bloody Code!

How much cheese is that?

11 hours ago, Dele said:

A personal license is just something that bar workers are supposed to require. 

Basically, he's been knocked back from handling folks money and cards. 

Is this a relatively recent thing? I worked in several pubs in and around the west of Scotland over a 10 year period and this wasn't a thing for general bar staff.

13 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Is this a relatively recent thing? I worked in several pubs in and around the west of Scotland over a 10 year period and this wasn't a thing for general bar staff.

I don't know when it come out, think it might be just one on a shift needs it.

2 minutes ago, Dele said:

I don't know when it come out, think it might be just one on a shift needs it.

Going back 8 or 9 years since I last worked in a pub in Scotland, so probably has changed since then.

Every licensed premises needs to have a Designated Premises Manager named on the licence.
You need to have a Personal Licence in order to be so named.
You don’t need one to just work behind the bar.

This includes shops where a PL holder needs to be on the premises.

Every licensed premises needs to have a Designated Premises Manager named on the licence.
You need to have a Personal Licence in order to be so named.
You don’t need one to just work behind the bar.

You do need to have some degree of basic training I think though. You can’t just hire any old clown and have them pulling pints, you have to some basic training first before they can legally do so.

2 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

You do need to have some degree of basic training I think though. You can’t just hire any old clown and have them pulling pints, you have to some basic training first before they can legally do so.

Or you can hire an Aussie. It comes natural to them.

4 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

I very much doubt this. I have seen many a clown hired then just pulling pints

18 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

I was just shown how the till works.

Unless you're a personal license holder you're legally required to do 2 hours training on licensing laws but there's plenty of pubs that don't bother with it and just get you to sign saying you've done it.

Yeah, there’s a mandatory 2 hours training that all staff need to (or as Aidan says, should) undertake. This is usually done by the Personal Licence holder.
Also, the bit about the off-sales shop isn’t right. It will also need a Personal Licence holder to be named as manager on the licence but unless it’s a specific condition of that particular licence then there’s no need for a Personal Licence holder to be on the premises at all times.

• 4 weeks later...

Posted about this a bit in the Depression thread, but thought it best to clear up a few things on here. I deleted all my social media and such as its not the best place in the world to be when you're trying to fix yourself and get your shit together. I made this P&B account as a way of getting back online without the extra attention that I wasn't in the right place to deal with at the time. I understand if mods want to delete my account for this.

The last few years had been pretty tough to get through. Without going into too much detail I really struggled accepting certain things that happened in my childhood. That led to me making plenty of stupid decisions, culminating in the one that's been pretty well discussed here and on Twitter. Mental health issues may explain certain decisions I made, but it certainly doesn't excuse them and the last thing I want to do is come here and make excuses. There are none, and only I'm to blame for the choices I made in terms of what happened as well as not getting the proper help that I clearly needed before I did.

After everything that happened, my MH was at a pretty low ebb. I was then offered a place on a bartending and hospitality course run through Diageo as a way of making the first steps back into work or education. The course included multiple certificates to help you get into the trade, one of which was the Personal Licence certificate and subsequent local authority PL application which was rejected. As others stated, that doesn't impact my ability to get a job in the sector and I'm lucky to have found somewhere that is giving me a chance, but it simply stops me being named as a premises manager somewhere. 

I understand that the labels thrown at me are ones I have to accept and deal with, and that I have nobody but myself to blame. However, I don't want to be a waster and throw away my life - and I want to make a positive future for myself rather than the bleak one I was facing having not addressed my issues. Part of the supervision order is focused on accepting what I did was wrong and making steps in the right direction, and addressing what happened here is important for me to do as Twitter/P&B etc was a fairly big part of my daily life before. I know better than most that I could come across on the internet as a proper bellend at times, and lets face it - that will probably never change. Only a handful of folk on here will have ever met me IRL, and I like to think I'm not as much of a douche as you might think. 

To anyone I've hurt, upset or affected in any way that might be reading this - I'm sorry. Words are just words though, and it's my actions going forward that will be the true marker of whether I've changed, so that's what I'm off to work on some more. 

Peace.

Have you tried volunteering perhaps? I hear Hamilton are still looking for a treasurer that you would fit well in at.

ETA - fair fucks for actually having the stones and coming on here after all the gossip/speculation.

Edited by gannonball

Guest Moomintroll
Posted about this a bit in the Depression thread, but thought it best to clear up a few things on here. I deleted all my social media and such as its not the best place in the world to be when you're trying to fix yourself and get your shit together. I made this P&B account as a way of getting back online without the extra attention that I wasn't in the right place to deal with at the time. I understand if mods want to delete my account for this.
The last few years had been pretty tough to get through. Without going into too much detail I really struggled accepting certain things that happened in my childhood. That led to me making plenty of stupid decisions, culminating in the one that's been pretty well discussed here and on Twitter. Mental health issues may explain certain decisions I made, but it certainly doesn't excuse them and the last thing I want to do is come here and make excuses. There are none, and only I'm to blame for the choices I made in terms of what happened as well as not getting the proper help that I clearly needed before I did.
After everything that happened, my MH was at a pretty low ebb. I was then offered a place on a bartending and hospitality course run through Diageo as a way of making the first steps back into work or education. The course included multiple certificates to help you get into the trade, one of which was the Personal Licence certificate and subsequent local authority PL application which was rejected. As others stated, that doesn't impact my ability to get a job in the sector and I'm lucky to have found somewhere that is giving me a chance, but it simply stops me being named as a premises manager somewhere. 
I understand that the labels thrown at me are ones I have to accept and deal with, and that I have nobody but myself to blame. However, I don't want to be a waster and throw away my life - and I want to make a positive future for myself rather than the bleak one I was facing having not addressed my issues. Part of the supervision order is focused on accepting what I did was wrong and making steps in the right direction, and addressing what happened here is important for me to do as Twitter/P&B etc was a fairly big part of my daily life before. I know better than most that I could come across on the internet as a proper bellend at times, and lets face it - that will probably never change. Only a handful of folk on here will have ever met me IRL, and I like to think I'm not as much of a douche as you might think. 
To anyone I've hurt, upset or affected in any way that might be reading this - I'm sorry. Words are just words though, and it's my actions going forward that will be the true marker of whether I've changed, so that's what I'm off to work on some more. 
Peace.
Brave of you to hold up your hands like this, no doubt you will be due some pelters before it all settles down. Would be harsh to empty you tbf, didn't even realise you were an alias.

Peace.

Would have been easier to continue under anonymity, so fair play. Everyone makes mistakes, learn from them and don’t repeat them is all you can do.