Stories from the Courts

On 5/3/2019 at 14:59, Snobot said:

As the Cardinal says, the summons letter is sent by regular post so you could easily deny receipt

Pretty much what I done when I was summoned years ago. Envelope shredded and put in the bin. Didn't hear anything back.

I've been on a jury three times. First was assault outside a pub in Falkirk; case was dropped on the second day because they couldn't prove who started it. Second was also assault but the guy changed his plea at the start of the second day. Only the third case ran to a conclusion - sexual assault, but they found the guy not guilty (majority verdict). 

I've also managed to get off with it three times - the first for work reasons, the second because I was going on holiday, and the third because it was only two years after my last time when I actually served.

49 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

tenor.gif?itemid=7298671

Sorry, I must have got mistaken. You were definitely in Lerwick, definitely ordered two pints and definitely were warned off by a barmaid. 

The story was have worked so much better if you used an actual shitehole. 

3 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Me and a pal were in Shetland and fancied a pint so went into the most promising looking place in Lerwick (not saying much) and went up to the bar. Lassie clocked us as not fae roon here, we ordered two pints, she hesitated for a minute then says darkly "OK, you'll be fine for now". Drank up and didn't stay to find out what that meant.

You probably strayed into the Thule Bar, on the front at Lerwick, near the harbour area.

Just copy and paste this into a Google search box then take your pick from the reports :

thule bar lerwick court reports

4 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Me and a pal were in Shetland and fancied a pint so went into the most promising looking place in Lerwick (not saying much) and went up to the bar. Lassie clocked us as not fae roon here, we ordered two pints, she hesitated for a minute then says darkly "OK, you'll be fine for now". Drank up and didn't stay to find out what that meant.

A couple of free pints tho'

4 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

was her name Willow McGregor, by any chance ?

Edited by Herman Hessian

5 hours ago, Twinkle said:
7 hours ago, sureiknow said:
Was on a Jury but the guy pled guilty before we sat.
Robbed a Mobile Shop.

Dont get it

We ( the Jury ) were selected then sent out into a room.

Called back and told we won't be needed as he had pled guilty.

I was looking foreward to it too.

Only jury duty was horrific. Double rape case, accused against two different women months apart. Sat through all the grisly details and heard all the evidence. As getting sent out the judge had explained corroboration , but there were still arguments in the jury room and had to ask to have it explained again by the judge.

Basically as it was two women at separate times but same crimes he had to be GUILTY / GUILTY or NOT GUILTY / NOT GUILTY. We were not allowed to find him guilty of one and not guilty of the other as the crimes corroborated each other. I was 100% sure he had done one and was willing to find him guilty on that basis*, it didn't go that way. He was found guilty of a lot of the minor assaults and charges that related but the big two he was found not guilty as some felt he was not guilty of one and therefore couldn't legally be guilty of the other. Was a few hours of argument.

Totally fucked up law and case and a horrible experience.

* I am aware that goes against the judges guidance but I felt it was the right thing to do morally.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/twisted-fantasist-who-admitted-terrorising-15062963

Everyone's favourite mentalist *** stalker tries to retract her admission of being a mentalist *** stalker. 

Buying herself  time for more of the champagne lifestyle with Craigy boy before she does some bird.? ( not a euph. ). 

At least she had the decency to hide that coupon on the way out of court. 

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

The Craig guy has started following me on twitter.

I questioned if he was real. Suddenly a follow appeared.

He seems excited about his forthcoming cruise on a fancy yacht. I am happy for him. 

3 minutes ago, eddiemunster said:

Woo.

^_^

If you mean a no-righter then yes, clearly. 

If you mean he’s actually mad Jill then yes, clearly. 

If ‘woo’ is some trendy acronym, then I have no idea what it means.