Stories from the Courts

54 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Not sure if nicking 70 odd quid from your girlfriend is worse than the years I stole from from the lives of my ex girlfriends. I may have self worth issues, it was probably the best times of their lives.

Aye, when you left.

One of the twelve steps for Alcoholics Anonymous (I'm not a member it's referenced in the SOpranos btw) is that you should make amends to the people who you have harmed so maybe that is the inspiration for the post earlier in this thread.  Although, given the person who was stolen from doesn't post on P&B I'm not sure why posting it here would be the best way to make amends.  
ETA, I'm not saying that BoydiesBelly is an alcoholic, just that this sort of thing has a background in recovery and self-improvement.

Been cited for Jury Duty for the first time ever. Up on 17th June. I'm hoping I don't get selected cause I can't be arsed with it, but if I do it better be something juicy and not just someone not paying a parking ticket or some shite like that.

2 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Been cited for Jury Duty for the first time ever. Up on 17th June. I'm hoping I don't get selected cause I can't be arsed with it, but if I do it better be something juicy and not just someone not paying a parking ticket or some shite like that.

77CFD805-1B92-4517-BE64-CE528A2CB9C6.jpeg

23 minutes ago, Rugster said:

If it's Snafu in the dock for non-payment of his TV licence, find him guilty just for the lolz. 

4 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

If it's Snafu in the dock for non-payment of his TV licence, find him guilty just for the lolz. 

Might be wunfellaf for bin raking.

29 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Surely with all that’s going on you could be excused?

Is it sheriff court? If so likely to be a serious assault/offensive weapon or relatively lesser sexual type offence, that or a fraud etc. If its high court then likely to be juicier.

Just now, Rowan said:

Surely with all that’s going on you could be excused?

Need a medical exclusion which needs to be for me only, or an invoice proving I will be on holiday at the time.  Strict as f**k.

Dependant on how things are nearer the time I will get a hold of one of the decent doctors and get him to get me out of it, but if all is ok it's really just the same as going to work which I'm doing at the moment anyway. If there are issues and the doctor won't do it (I'm sure he will) I'll just not turn up and take my chances with the fine.

Just now, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Is it sheriff court? If so likely to be a serious assault/offensive weapon or relatively lesser sexual type offence, that or a fraud etc. If its high court then likely to be juicier.

Sheriff yeah,

Need a medical exclusion which needs to be for me only, or an invoice proving I will be on holiday at the time.  Strict as f**k.
Dependant on how things are nearer the time I will get a hold of one of the decent doctors and get him to get me out of it, but if all is ok it's really just the same as going to work which I'm doing at the moment anyway. If there are issues and the doctor won't do it (I'm sure he will) I'll just not turn up and take my chances with the fine.

Medical cert for stress would be sufficient.

Just now, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Medical cert for stress would be sufficient.

Yes that's what I'll do. One of the doctors in particular is very aware of our situation and has stressed (pardon the pun) that anything he can do to help I've just to ask. 

I know someone who was called for jury duty and they were really looking forward to it, hoping for a juicy case.  Turned out it was a historic sexual abuse case, several days of listening to the most harrowing descriptions of abuse you can imagine.  The jury swithered about whether the testimony was reliable and eventually convicted.  Once the convictions were in, it turned out the accused had basically spent his whole adult life in and out of prison for exactly the same sort of offences he'd been accused of.  Really, really difficult and disturbing few days.

So enjoy Ruginald!

1 minute ago, ICTChris said:

I know someone who was called for jury duty and they were really looking forward to it, hoping for a juicy case.  Turned out it was a historic sexual abuse case, several days of listening to the most harrowing descriptions of abuse you can imagine.  The jury swithered about whether the testimony was reliable and eventually convicted.  Once the convictions were in, it turned out the accused had basically spent his whole adult life in and out of prison for exactly the same sort of offences he'd been accused of.  Really, really difficult and disturbing few days.

So enjoy Ruginald!

Yeah, not that kind of juicy!