Stories from the Courts

15 hours ago, BoydiesBelly said:

Posted about this a bit in the Depression thread, but thought it best to clear up a few things on here. I deleted all my social media and such as its not the best place in the world to be when you're trying to fix yourself and get your shit together. I made this P&B account as a way of getting back online without the extra attention that I wasn't in the right place to deal with at the time. I understand if mods want to delete my account for this.

The last few years had been pretty tough to get through. Without going into too much detail I really struggled accepting certain things that happened in my childhood. That led to me making plenty of stupid decisions, culminating in the one that's been pretty well discussed here and on Twitter. Mental health issues may explain certain decisions I made, but it certainly doesn't excuse them and the last thing I want to do is come here and make excuses. There are none, and only I'm to blame for the choices I made in terms of what happened as well as not getting the proper help that I clearly needed before I did.

After everything that happened, my MH was at a pretty low ebb. I was then offered a place on a bartending and hospitality course run through Diageo as a way of making the first steps back into work or education. The course included multiple certificates to help you get into the trade, one of which was the Personal Licence certificate and subsequent local authority PL application which was rejected. As others stated, that doesn't impact my ability to get a job in the sector and I'm lucky to have found somewhere that is giving me a chance, but it simply stops me being named as a premises manager somewhere. 

I understand that the labels thrown at me are ones I have to accept and deal with, and that I have nobody but myself to blame. However, I don't want to be a waster and throw away my life - and I want to make a positive future for myself rather than the bleak one I was facing having not addressed my issues. Part of the supervision order is focused on accepting what I did was wrong and making steps in the right direction, and addressing what happened here is important for me to do as Twitter/P&B etc was a fairly big part of my daily life before. I know better than most that I could come across on the internet as a proper bellend at times, and lets face it - that will probably never change. Only a handful of folk on here will have ever met me IRL, and I like to think I'm not as much of a douche as you might think. 

To anyone I've hurt, upset or affected in any way that might be reading this - I'm sorry. Words are just words though, and it's my actions going forward that will be the true marker of whether I've changed, so that's what I'm off to work on some more. 

Peace.

With all due respect this woe is me bollocks really doesn't cut the mustard with me. I don't know you from Adam but if I've followed this thread correctly I've definitely got the measure of you. The above post is such a transparent attempt to garner sympathy that only the biggest simpletons would be lured in by it.  

You state that you don't want to make excuses for youself then spend the next 5 paragraphs doing simply just that.  You're not sorry you committed the theft, you're sorry you got caught and are using every excuse you can think of to justify it. 

Either genuinely want to improve as a person or get jog on with this lip service bollocks. 

With all due respect this woe is me bollocks really doesn't cut the mustard with me. I don't know you from Adam but if I've followed this thread correctly I've definitely got the measure of you. The above post is such a transparent attempt to garner sympathy that only the biggest simpletons would be lured in by it.  
You state that you don't want to make excuses for youself then spend the next 5 paragraphs doing simply just that.  You're not sorry you committed the theft, you're sorry you got caught and are using every excuse you can think of to justify it. 
Either genuinely want to improve as a person or get jog on with this lip service bollocks. 

Thanks for the reply. It certainly wasn't intended to be a "woe me" post and posting on places I used to frequent a lot was actually the advice of the worker I was assigned. Your final point echoes mine though so that's exactly what I'm going to do. Cheers.

The care worker you’ve been assigned must be familiar with P&B, because if I know this place like I think I do, then it’ll all be forgotten about within a week.

In fact you should go on the Ayr threads and tell Itzdrk that you kept the Tesco club card points. He’ll take it in good humour. 

1 minute ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Victim blaming. Starting to see a pattern with the Falkirk fans.

The reverse translation doesn't work. Was meant to be "He who has never sinned cast the first stone."

2 hours ago, BoydiesBelly said:

Thanks for the reply. It certainly wasn't intended to be a "woe me" post and posting on places I used to frequent a lot was actually the advice of the worker I was assigned. Your final point echoes mine though so that's exactly what I'm going to do. Cheers.

Again, with respect, you came out from behind the shadows with the sole intention of correcting a few minor misinterpretations regarding your PL application because your ego wouldn't allow you to let it lie. It's all about you and has nothing to do with your victims. 

1 hour ago, Stuart Anderson said:

Again, with respect, you came out from behind the shadows with the sole intention of correcting a few minor misinterpretations regarding your PL application because your ego wouldn't allow you to let it lie. It's all about you and has nothing to do with your victims. 

Do you work for Samaritans, by any chance?

On 20/03/2019 at 21:25, Dindeleux said:

Sore one.

To be honest now that you read the story and it’s only £70 it’s pretty obvious that him and his missus have had an argument, he’s used the card to probably buy shopping for them and then his missus has decided to get him done for theft.

Aye, hardly crime of the century. You'd think he'd been caught stabbing children from some reactions.

Guest Moomintroll

I am not a "big simpleton", you have a total of 10 posts on here so simmer down or reveal yourself as an alias. Russell/QLP spectacularly fucked up & has paid the price in real life for that & any time he says anything contentious on here it will be thrown in his face. He has been honest enough to admit who he is & is open about how much he screwed up so he should be applauded for that. If he is guilty of extreme twattery on here, I will call him out as I do for the many incartions of Pepp/No8.

18 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
6 hours ago, Stuart Anderson said:

I am not a "big simpleton", you have a total of 10 posts on here so simmer down or reveal yourself as an alias. Russell/QLP spectacularly fucked up & has paid the price in real life for that & any time he says anything contentious on here it will be thrown in his face. He has been honest enough to admit who he is & is open about how much he screwed up so he should be applauded for that. If he is guilty of extreme twattery on here, I will call him out as I do for the many incartions of Pepp/No8.

Not sure I'd like to put that to a vote, M77 :P

Aside from that, your points are good ones and Stuart Anderson comes across as a bit of a sanctimonious twat.

56 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
7 hours ago, Stuart Anderson said:

Ah so he's the Russell A that also stole a substantial amount of money from the football club he claims to support? His posts on here were clearly an attempt at an ego boast thinly veiled as a grovelling apology. 

He's hardly a master criminal and I'm not asking for him to punished further but his attempts at garnering sympathy should be treated with utter disdain. He's sorry that he looks like an utter cretin, he's not sorry for his crimes. 

Furthemore I've no idea what relevance my post count has to the discussion. 

17 minutes ago, Stuart Anderson said:

Ah so he's the Russell A that also stole a substantial amount of money from the football club he claims to support? His posts on here were clearly an attempt at an ego boast thinly veiled as a grovelling apology. 

He's hardly a master criminal and I'm not asking for him to punished further but his attempts at garnering sympathy should be treated with utter disdain. He's sorry that he looks like an utter cretin, he's not sorry for his crimes. 

Did he blag your credit card as well?

Guest Moomintroll

Mainly because someone who has only been a member for a month & only had 10 posts would not have had the faintest idea who he is or what he had done. They certainly would not suddenly go into full attack mode for no real reason like you did, drop the oh is that who he is act, you are fooling no one.