Sign in to follow this  
Halfempty65

Galston United

Hearing stories Galston utd are struggling big time and have lost some key players...... surely not the latest big ametuer club following the likes of tiber and clarkdrive to fold?? Remember playing against Galston years ago at the park by the river was always a tough place to go.

Watched them v Hurlford few weeks back, some good players but were annihilated and results haven't changed. Be another shame for Ayrshire Football.

Very shocked to read this.. watched them a few weeks back Vs Shortlees and although they conceded 11 goals, there attacking threat looked frightening and I thought at the time if they could of got a better keeper in they would be ok. Hopefully they get through this tough spell. 

These situations is down to suspensions carrying over from the season before where teams have 5 or 6 players suspended to start a season, it's ok for teams with bigger squads but when u have a small squad get beat ur first 4 or 5 games then boys can't b bothered turning up....we r supposed to try and help the game but feel the Ayrshire committee do anything but

With all due respect that happens to every single club. I bet you there's a dozen or so who have carried suspensions over into the new season. A suspension has to be served regardless off what stage off the season you get it. That's not the Ayrshire committees fault I'm afraid 

From what iv heard they have a new manager in now and a lot of the players that were toying with leaving have decided to give him some time to be k g in new players and trying to get a couple that left pre season back too, hard time kf the season to attract players tho unless they aren't playing at their current club, i wish him well. Supposedly galston were winning last week's game at a canter when the referee received some bad news and she had to leave. Forcing the abandonment.

Not Gaston related but on the subject of teams that was struggling , heard this morning that winlinton wolves folded last night . Another club with a long 50 odd year history gone if true. Leaving only two teams in the Irvine area. Shame if true and another sign of the times.