Top of the league v Annan

Guest Landan Spiv

Guest Landan Spiv

Big game Saturday 

Score predictions folks 

Attendence predictions

Im going with 2-0 City. Blair Henderson and Shep Sheeran to get our goals. Crowd prediction is 325. Let's make some noise like we did at East Kilbride. Hopefully no fresh injury worries, Allan Smith got clattered byva Lothian HV thug the other night so i hope hes shaken the knock off. 

I've got to respect Annan. They're a good team  and have some of the better fans to visit Ainslie park last year.

Should be a good, tight game.

That said I've big confidence in City this season and hopeful we'll get the win either 1-0 or 2-1.

With this game that will be us having played the other 3 teams I believe will make up the top 4 at the end of the season, over the last 3 match day's. If we complete 9 points from these 3 games then that would be fantastic! 

Guest Landan Spiv
1 hour ago, Tenkay said:

I've got to respect Annan. They're a good team  and have some of the better fans to visit Ainslie park last year.

Should be a good, tight game.

That said I've big confidence in City this season and hopeful we'll get the win either 1-0 or 2-1.

With this game that will be us having played the other 3 teams I believe will make up the top 4 at the end of the season, over the last 3 match day's. If we complete 9 points from these 3 games then that would be fantastic! 

Annan have lost to and drew with the only decent teams they have played this season. 

16 hours ago, marco44 said:

Annan have signed on loan 19 year old Defender from Rangers Kyle Bradley.
He is in the squad for this game.
This should be a close game but i fancy Annan to win.

We had him at the start of last year, played a few games and was rotten. Straight back to rangers as early as possible. 

Not one for the purists, in fact it was bitty as f**k but felt we were definitely the better team.

Black has been a tremendous signing and big Balatoni strolls it at the back. Enjoying the Blair Henderson song, I mean there’s no way he’s 6’4 but nothing wrong with a wee bit of artistic license.

On 14/09/2018 at 00:46, Landan Spiv said:

Big game Saturday 

Score predictions folks 

Attendence predictions

Im going with 2-0 City. Blair Henderson and Shep Sheeran to get our goals. Crowd prediction is 325. Let's make some noise like we did at East Kilbride. Hopefully no fresh injury worries, Allan Smith got clattered byva Lothian HV thug the other night so i hope hes shaken the knock off. 

Crowd prediction looks to be some way off there fella, 247 is all for top of the league. 

Guest Landan Spiv
13 hours ago, SLClyde said:

Crowd prediction looks to be some way off there fella, 247 is all for top of the league. 

Yep was really annoyed when the crowd was announced. Our support will grown buts it going to take 2 or generations and success on the park. I think its nonsense that people were blaming Hibs being at home and 4,000 Hearts going over to Motherwell as to why our attendance was low, Hibs and Hearts no matter where they are playing on the day do not affect our gates with us being at Ainslie Park, i really dont know why we rely so much on Hearts and Hibs fans to have us as their second team. Id rather we grew our own fanbase who are passionate instead of being peoples"2nd team" or team people go and watch when theres nothing else on. Gets on my tits to be honest, not saying they arent welcome but id rather we grew our gates with people who support City FIRST. 

1 hour ago, Landan Spiv said:

Yep was really annoyed when the crowd was announced. Our support will grown buts it going to take 2 or generations and success on the park. I think its nonsense that people were blaming Hibs being at home and 4,000 Hearts going over to Motherwell as to why our attendance was low, Hibs and Hearts no matter where they are playing on the day do not affect our gates with us being at Ainslie Park, i really dont know why we rely so much on Hearts and Hibs fans to have us as their second team. Id rather we grew our own fanbase who are passionate instead of being peoples"2nd team" or team people go and watch when theres nothing else on. Gets on my tits to be honest, not saying they arent welcome but id rather we grew our gates with people who support City FIRST. 

Wouldn't you expect to get an increase in crowds when you return to Meadowbank? I was there yesterday, very friendly club & you've done really well recently. I certainly think you should be attracting more support.

Playing at another ground that isn't your own will effect attendances , that said did seems low as Annan must have brought some a long to the game , maybe if you stay up top of league then a few locals might turn up
Ps finances must be tight with those numbers coming through the gate

Guest Landan Spiv
8 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Enjoying Edinburgh City’s wee run here.

Keep it up, seemed to have pushed on and went for it which is very refreshing to see.

Lets hope we keep it up, as long as we improve on last season us City fans will be happy. 

Guest Landan Spiv
7 hours ago, Marten said:

Wouldn't you expect to get an increase in crowds when you return to Meadowbank? I was there yesterday, very friendly club & you've done really well recently. I certainly think you should be attracting more support.

Its only been a slight drop since we moved to our temporary home. We've had some decent gates at Ainslie against Motherwell, Queen of the South, Berwick and Clyde. Theres not been that much a difference. Glad you enjoyed your visit, we're a welcoming bunch and always welcome new support.

Archived