Promotion. How Does Will it Work.

Winkles

1 hour ago, Auld Heid said:

Wouldn't like to go down that route personally.

It does highlight one concern I always had was the EoS accepting so many applications before clubs had applied for a licence.

You could feasibly have no movement for years between EoS and LL.

There's been promotion from tier 6 the last 2 years and everytime there's be a vacancy the LL has always had more applicants than spaces available.

There's definitely going to be movement. Then with the LL having accepted new clubs over more established ones in the past, I don't think bottom in the LL would be favoured in most situations.

The whole reason the bottom club is guaranteed relegation even when there's no promotion is to avoid stagnation.

If Penicuik, Bonnyrigg and Linlithgow all win the conference's then hopefully the EoS play off is just competed for by licenced teams. Although teams will want to guarantee a place in next year's Scottish cup so maybe the SFA could offer cup spots to all the conference winners this season

Hopefully a load more teams have a licence by the end of the season and this isn't an issue, Bonnyrigg look to have completed the last couple of things needed so hopefully can get the license when the embargo is lifted.

4 minutes ago, calmac25 said:

If Penicuik, Bonnyrigg and Linlithgow all win the conference's then hopefully the EoS play off is just competed for by licenced teams. Although teams will want to guarantee a place in next year's Scottish cup so maybe the SFA could offer cup spots to all the conference winners this season

The EoS needs an overall winner for the history books/Scottish Cup, and it's already built-in to the fixture list so don't see it changing even if all three teams are unlicensed.

9 ties, 7 v East... was 53-5:

Lochmaben 0-5 Kelty Hearts
Dumfries YMCA 0-10 Tynecastle
Nithsdale Wanderers 2-11 Penicuik Athletic
Civil Service Strollers 5-0 Upper Annandale
Coldstream 5-0 Newton Stewart
Abbey Vale 0-5 Broxburn Athletic
Bonnyton Thistle 2-3 Preston Athletic
Edinburgh Utd 5-1 Mid Annandale
Camelon 4-0 Heston Rovers
+ Threave 7-1 Creetown

R1 = 2, 1... 12-0:

Civil Service 9-0 Wigtown
St Cuthbert 0-3 Musselburgh
+ Creetown 5-3 Lochar

11 hours ago, BS7 said:

The licence embargo hasn’t been lifted, and there’s no indication of when it will be lifted?

given we’re half way through September that’s a bit ominous.

I think it will end up with league winners getting licenses if up to scratch and probably find that might be way it goes

The licence embargo hasn’t been lifted, and there’s no indication of when it will be lifted?
There has been a recent SFA Board meeting, Hampden future dominated the agenda, but I assume other matters were disussed including Licencing. The SFA needs to clarify its position on this asap.

40 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:
On 15/09/2018 at 20:55, BS7 said:

There has been a recent SFA Board meeting, Hampden future dominated the agenda, but I assume other matters were disussed including Licencing. The SFA needs to clarify its position on this asap.

I wouldn't be surprised if only the promotion contenders are considered for licence this season.

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's a bit arrogant to assume Peni, Bonnyrigg and the Rose just now.

But surely there's a bit of thought for the good of the game here. The quicker the disconnect is sorted the better for all. If there's an opportunity to promote three they should try get it in there so competitive football prevails.

Archived