Thursday Night Thread

lichtie23

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bail to Vegas, give Gruden a ten year contract, trade away two of your marquee players, talk of giving up on Carr, and getting absolutely bitch-slapped by a 1-7 team QB'd by what is essentially a Rookie UDFA who has never taken a snap before tonight...

Raiders :1eye :thumsup2

4 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

So what exactly is Grudens overall plan?

Have every first round pick in the next 2 drafts.

Hard to tell how good 9ers were last night as Raiders were so bad. Basically stopped tackling in 2nd half. 

I actually thought we had a chance in the 49ers & Cardinals games, but didn’t realise just how bad this defence actually is. Completely taken apart by a guy nobody has ever heard of before - really, really dismal stuff. DC Paul Guenther will be the next Gruden scapegoat and it wouldn’t surprise me if he’s out of work in the next 24 hours.

At least we’re fully committed to this #1 pick, I suppose. Which Gruden will then f**k up.

Have every first round pick in the next 2 drafts.
Hard to tell how good 9ers were last night as Raiders were so bad. Basically stopped tackling in 2nd half. 
The first 49ers drive set the tone with the 49ers going 75 yards in 6 plays with a couple of runs that carved the Raiders defense apart, and Garcon standing in miles of space for the TD pass. You know your D is less than committed when your opponents run in a 52 yard TD with just one DL blocking for Mostert. Glad to see a Niners win and a good display, but the Raiders defensive performance is as bad as I've seen for quite a while.

2 hours ago, Mr. Brightside said:

An offence with Carr, Martin, Nelson, LaFell, Bryant and Cook really should be doing better as well tbf.

They should. The OL was dreadful yet again, though, which plays against the weakest aspect of Carr’s game; him being terrified of pressure.

He’s a top 10 QB with solid pass protection, and a complete jobber without it. The two rookie tackles were getting abused all night, and as a result he was rattled. It’s why, for all his positive traits, I think Gruden will try to move him and bring in a vet who doesn’t get happy feet.

Mullens looked good even though the Raiders were very very bad. I thought the play calling from Shanahan was excellent throughout and gave the QB confidence from the first snap with a throw from empty backfield and showed the Raiders that they weren't going to hide behind the run. Aggressiveness and confidence you don't see from the Jets. 

Geroge Kittle btw

Mullens looked good even though the Raiders were very very bad. I thought the play calling from Shanahan was excellent throughout and gave the QB confidence from the first snap with a throw from empty backfield and showed the Raiders that they weren't going to hide behind the run. Aggressiveness and confidence you don't see from the Jets. 
Geroge Kittle btw

Thought he had a good rookie year last season, but he's already hit 535 yards recieving this season in 8 games, passing last year's 515 yards from 15 games. His blocking has also improved, starting to look a real top notch TE.

Raiders tank is weird. They haven't actually been that bad for the last three or four years, so it's odd to see something being systematically dismantled that wasn't completely broken to begin with. Supposedly ready to give up on Carr, which again is odd, when you consider they went nigh on ten years without anything remotely respectable at QB. Gruden spotted mouthing obscenities about the OL's inability to block anyone the other night, when they reached for Kolton Miller, lost Donald Penn to IR, and switched other players' positions is just bizarre. Tom Cable also a factor there I think.

Anyway. Tonight should be interesting. I don't really see a lot between these teams, but I'm going for a Steelers win simply because they're the home team. Mind you, I picked Oakland last week.... :unsure2:

Archived