East Fife 5 v Airdrie 8

Can’t see a match thread for this yet.

Scene of one of my worst experiences as an Airdrie Fan last year. Another test of title aspirations with East Fife coming off the back of 2 wins.

What are the thoughts on the former players? Will they come in for special treatment from the home support?

Hoping we can manage a win here but no idea how the teams will match up.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You could probably copy & paste most Airdrie fan's comments from other match threads into this one. Ie. need a response after a crap result last week etc but that's because it rings true once again. East Fife have managed a couple of positive results so we could be playing them at the wrong time but even before then, playing the team at the bottom of the league would, as always for Airdrie, be a potential (probable) banana skin. I really like big Scott Stewart but he hasn't been in it all this season so far bar maybe the Stenny game. I would put him on the bench for this game and start Kieran Millar who IMO could be/is our best central midfielder. If Duffy is fit I would start him too in place of McIntosh. 

1-1. A Jonathan Page goal at both ends. 

3-1 Airdrie. Page and Millar to score in the first half with East Fife pulling one back just before HT. Kyle Wilkie to come on in the 2nd half and score the 3rd to finish the Fifers aff. All 3 Airdrie scorers to celebrate like f*ck in front of the East Fife fans and kissing the Airdrie badge. 

1 hour ago, GoalForAirdrie said:

3-1 Airdrie. Page and Millar to score in the first half with East Fife pulling one back just before HT. Kyle Wilkie to come on in the 2nd half and score the 3rd to finish the Fifers aff. All 3 Airdrie scorers to celebrate like f*ck in front of the East Fife fans and kissing the Airdrie badge. 

Can just picture them being highly motivated against us.   Perform well and they could double their wages with us next season. 

Could be a tasty game and given my prediction skills I am going for a narrow Airdrie win to make up for our drought against East fife last season. I also think Millar should be brought back in but could Conroy be the guy to be benched? Unlikely given SF's loyalty to him so I suspect it will be Stewart who drops out: competitive squad has to be used. Telstar awaits my generation

hoping we have started something good to build on, a win despite what everyone else does by 5:45 tomorrow we could go as high as sixth so im saying another nail-biting 1 goal winner game!!

I dunno if DY will play Smith & Currie or start with the two that started in the first half of last week, decisions in the final third is a good headache but i do think this game will be very close indeed.

hoping we have started something good to build on, a win despite what everyone else does by 5:45 tomorrow we could go as high as sixth so im saying another nail-biting 1 goal winner game!!

According to Gordon and he had it worked out somewhere, we could actually be up to 4th if we win today and certain other results go a certain way!!!

Think it'll be a close game with the only thing that may edge it is our form over the last couple of games, as for the ex-players, doubt Wilkie will play, I think Pagey might try too hard and end up getting bogged down in a physical battle with Tonks and Court before tiring and then be ripped a new one later in the game by a freshly brought on King Kev and Kid Currie and Millar will just quietly be efficient and get on with his job as he usually does, or he'll be chasing Aggy around the pitch trying to get the ball back!!!

Anyway, we will see what we will see and I'm going for a close 1-0 or 2-1 to the Methil Milan!!!

HT
East Fife 0v0 Airdrieonians

A bit scrappy, referee letting a lot of fouls go for both sides, tbh we should be ahead with the pressure we've had, hope that doesn't bite us on the arse in the second half!!!
Dowds has Pagey on toast every time he's goes up against him, keep the pressure on and we should be ok!!!

Think it'll be a close game with the only thing that may edge it is our form over the last couple of games, as for the ex-players, doubt Wilkie will play, I think Pagey might try too hard and end up getting bogged down in a physical battle with Tonks and Court before tiring and then be ripped a new one later in the game by a freshly brought on King Kev and Kid Currie and Millar will just quietly be efficient and get on with his job as he usually does, or he'll be chasing Aggy around the pitch trying to get the ball back!!!
Anyway, we will see what we will see and I'm going for a close 1-0 or 2-1 to the Methil Milan!!!

Nailed it!!!
PM me for tonight's lottery numbers!!!

Airdrie had a spell of 10 minutes in the second half that they looked decent. Dire the rest of the game though. East Fife deserved the win in a terrible game of football. 

Speak for yourself, it was scrappy yes, but I thought we played alright especially in the 2nd half, I've definitely seen a lot worse!!!   

It would be interesting though to know how the referee managed to add on the 4-5 minutes of injury time as he hardly blew for a fucking foul the whole game???

Don’t think anyone can argue that East Fife over the course deserved the 3 points. Thought we carried a decent threat going forward just needed someone to get on the end of decent crosses into the box first half. Airdrie started the 2nd half well they tried to press further up the park but for me carried very little threat in the final 3rd. Macintosh looked isolated and East Fife had a firm grip in the middle of the park. It took a moment of goalkeeping madness to present Airdrie with the opening goal. To our credit we hit back instantly as Airdrie we’re still patting themselves on the back. Our 2nd goal was well worked and the young lad on loan from Hearts popped up for the 2nd week in a row to snatch the winner. Credit where credits due we look like we are improving week on week and the players all look like they are giving it their all. The pleasing thing is there is still a lot of talent on the bench waiting on a chance. Any way makes for a pleasing Saturday nigh t and another step in the right direction. Watt man of the match for me Meggart marshalled the defence well and his leadership at the back is something we have been missing for a long time. 

Archived