Clyde v Albion Rovers

38 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

I thought the first half hour we looked like  we could’ve scored a good few. After that we were pretty poor I thought.

Took too long to make a pass, we could’ve put plenty crosses into the box but it seems to me that it’s an instruction not to do that as we never do. 

Overall, said before it would take any sort of win,  so happy enough. Albion are up there with the worst teams I’ve seen. Never seen a team with so little goal threat. Numbers 10 and 11 are beyond rotten. 

Was 11 not Lewis Wilson who we signed from Clyde? 

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought the first half hour we looked like  we could’ve scored a good few. After that we were pretty poor I thought.
Took too long to make a pass, we could’ve put plenty crosses into the box but it seems to me that it’s an instruction not to do that as we never do. 
Overall, said before it would take any sort of win,  so happy enough. Albion are up there with the worst teams I’ve seen. Never seen a team with so little goal threat. Numbers 10 and 11 are beyond rotten. 
Don't think we were poor , agree first 35 we were excellent and created a lot of chances, we had a phenomenal about of possession thought two best players first half mcstay and Lamont , doubt we will see DGW miss so many chances and love should have scored as well , particularly second half I thought we played to many passes around the box rather than getting a cross in and that's what DL alluded to in his post match , bit frustrating that we didn't score more but that's 3 out of 6 games so far with a clean sheet , maybe we could have freshened it up earlier but main thing was the 3 points

8 hours ago, CLYDE ULTRA said:

Really? Quite frankly f**k them is more apt, cup games v rangers celtic motherscumwell, made obsence amounts of  money from them and yet refused to improve cliftonhell, magnificent effort, so quite frankly i hope you get fucked.

Pretty embarassing when all teams from championship level's down only cup final and meaningful match is v the Clyde.

Your neanderthal musings aside you raise a fair point. Like many clubs who find themselves in trouble our woes are completely self inflicted. Three cup ties against Rangers saw epic over spending which won the 2015 championship and this spending continued until the bank said enough. The Celtic cup tie merely bought us some time , almost certainly the club would have gone bust that season. In hindsight last year although some cuts to the playing staff were made we would have been better off completely slashing the budget to East Stirling £10 a week and doing " a Brechin". We would be in a better financial position for this season.

BTW I would be careful wishing any team relegation to ghe Lowland as one year it could be your team.

Clyde dominated the first half, and should have been up by 2 or 3 at the break. They  2nd half saw Albion come more into the game without really troubling Clyde.  You're always nervous with a 1 goal lead, but Albion never really looked like scoring. 

To be fair in the last 11 years I think we have been relegated from first division, second division in a row, followed by finishing bottom of the third division season later finished second bottom, then finished seconded bottom again with Ferguson, the full time we have been in League Teo I think we have managed to get into playoffs twice ? where as QP, Peterhead, Albion Rovers, Stirling Albion, Arbroath etc have actually got promoted at least a couple of times.. it’s alright sayin Clyde are ambitious but until we put that ambition on the park we have no right to slaughter teams in this league 

Your neanderthal musings aside you raise a fair point. Like many clubs who find themselves in trouble our woes are completely self inflicted. Three cup ties against Rangers saw epic over spending which won the 2015 championship and this spending continued until the bank said enough. The Celtic cup tie merely bought us some time , almost certainly the club would have gone bust that season. In hindsight last year although some cuts to the playing staff were made we would have been better off completely slashing the budget to East Stirling £10 a week and doing " a Brechin". We would be in a better financial position for this season.

BTW I would be careful wishing any team relegation to ghe Lowland as one year it could be your team.

I wouldn't wish relegation to the lowland league to any team Don't worry a lot of us understand what the rovers fans are going through we had a numbers of years being bottom / second bottom of league two and to be honest had we not signed DGW we would almost certainly ended up in the lowland a culmination of years of poor management at club But don't lose hope we unearthed a chairman who is revolutionizing the club putting in structures that were ripped apart by a previous regime in the pursuit of moving us to east kilbride and changing the clubs name So as I said if your club can get the right person heading it then who knows where you will be in a couple of years time

Ultimately it sounds like an off day, but if Clyde are to go up it is grinding out those wins that matter.

See the attendance was over 700- that is a massive improvement from the 450 odd last season. I assume relatively few Albion amongst that? Several years since Clyde have been drawing that sort of gate. Things looking up at last.

As for Albion it is looking very bleak- agree with some of the earlier post and hope they manage to survive.

I thought it was a big crowd yesterday, which was a bit surprising given it was Albion visiting. The next 3 games before the next break (13/10) shall be interesting Elgin, Berwick and Queens Park away on the 6th.

Rovers never looked like scoring, Clyde had plenty of the ball throughout the game. Will need to be sharper in the coming weeks against better teams.

Go on then Syd what have them "ahem" teams achieved? f**k all is the answer, and i will tell you why, because they have no interest in doing anything ever, they are happy to plod along expexting nothing and achieving nothimg ever.
Most of the teams you've mentioned have manged to get promoted out this shitty league while we have been stinking out season after season. We've done f**k all for over 10 years now.

If we had scored a second i think we would have seen the new boys earlier which I would have liked. Think DL done the right thing though. It was an odd kind of game and changes too early might have let rovers back in. Did anyone get a good idea how many fans rovers brought??

I was in Rovers section and I counted 72

The game looked in the bag early on but we are Clyde.
We don’t do things the easy way.
Ok their keeper stopped a few but after all that pressure and only 1 goal to show it still looks like we are devoid of a good strike force.
DG was poor for once and can be forgiven and KB could improve our attack.
I hope so if we are to be serious contenders for the league championship and automatic promotion.

Go on then Syd what have them "ahem" teams achieved? f**k all is the answer, and i will tell you why, because they have no interest in doing anything ever, they are happy to plod along expexting nothing and achieving nothimg ever.

Won 2 Championships in the last 10 years mate along with consistently getting average crowds of 750ish, currently, Alloa aside, the best part time team in the country. I know you are trolling but probably better giving it a rest lad.

Edinburgh City look to have found a successful formula. Montrose won the league last season, Forfar promoted last season, EF have won L2 a couple of times too, in my time watching football even Berwick (!!) have pipped us to a title which is a lot more than what Clyde have done, although I did enjoy that win over Celtic. [emoji4]

33 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Won 2 Championships in the last 10 years mate along with consistently getting average crowds of 750ish, currently, Alloa aside, the best part time team in the country. I know you are trolling but probably better giving it a rest lad.

Edinburgh City look to have found a successful formula. Montrose won the league last season, Forfar promoted last season, EF have won L2 a couple of times too, in my time watching football even Berwick (!!) have pipped us to a title which is a lot more than what Clyde have done, although I did enjoy that win over Celtic. emoji4.png

Does frustrate me when I see some of the arrogant shite coming from a few induvidual Clyde fans .

Rest assured that the vast majority respect your teams achievements in the last few seasons, along with many others such as Montrose etc.

Hooefully we will push on now that we have the right team (management and board) in place, then we can maybe allow oureleves a pat on the back !

14 hours ago, CLYDE ULTRA said:

Willing to add more to this, Ednburgh, annan, berwick, elgin in our leaugue, lolrtrose, arbroath east fife, lolfar, my opinion but i think its embarassing where 'clubs basisclly dont care.

None of these ahem """clubs"" have and will ever do anything.

Before folk go off their nuts at me, simply ask whats the point, which no one will ever answer.

Heid’s

12 hours ago, CLYDE ULTRA said:

Gone.

Does frustrate me when I see some of the arrogant shite coming from a few induvidual Clyde fans .
Rest assured that the vast majority respect your teams achievements in the last few seasons, along with many others such as Montrose etc.
Hooefully we will push on now that we have the right team (management and board) in place, then we can maybe allow oureleves a pat on the back !

Clyde, Peterhead, Edinburgh City top 3, not sure in what order although got to fancy Peterhead, squad is very strong.

Also seems easy to call that at the moment but I did say this before a ball was kicked too. [emoji6][emoji4]

15 hours ago, CLYDE ULTRA said:

Clyde's invitation to the Club World Cup must've got lost in the post.

Archived